Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

16 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

That’s clearly incorrect. Chelsea’s limited cheapest season tickets are the same price as our most expensive. The vast majority of their season tickets are 880/900 quid. Their hospitality goes for multiple thousands.

Their cheapest were £750 (they've got some limited ones at £595 but I'm not counting those) and their dearest £940. Ours were £610 and £864, so the cheapest are about 25% more than ours and the dearest are about 10% more. I reckon overall that 15% figure is probably not too far away. Their hospitality is a different matter, but that's why we're making a big investment this summer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Their cheapest were £750 (they've got some limited ones at £595 but I'm not counting those) and their dearest £940. Ours were £610 and £864, so the cheapest are about 25% more than ours and the dearest are about 10% more. I reckon overall that 15% figure is probably not too far away. Their hospitality is a different matter, but that's why we're making a big investment this summer.

Their cheapest are extremely limited as well so basically most of their season tickets go for the 850 mark. They have other ranges such as the dug out club which is around 1500 PER GAME. Apparently They charged 5000 per seat behind the dugout for the man utd game. 

Any decision to think we can “sweat the ground” in the same way as Chelsea is extremely incompetent. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Let me ask you a very simple question. IF we are still at Villa park in 25 years time and the capacity of the stadium is under 60k how competitive do you think we’ll be? 

We already know the answer to that question is that we won’t be competitive at all. Hence the need to get clarity on the scale of redevelopment possibilities asap or we move. Personally, I wouldn’t mess around as the costs of a new stadium are only going to increase without delay. 

I’m still not convinced we have a regular 60k game going fans at the prices of season tickets and individual match tickets.  Yes we have a waiting list but we all question how much of that can be converted into actual season tickets if all was available.  

That aside if we are still at Villa Park in 25 years time and the capacity is under 60k how competitive do I think we will be? Well that depends on many things, from where football is by then, will the PL still be as popular then, are Villa still at the top end.  Not to mention how the next generation after our kids watch football with more kids going to online formats than live events.  

If all things stay the same, we are still around the European places and PL football is still it is what it is today then us being competitive will not be based us increasing our capacity to 60k but how we’ve capitalised on being a top 4 team, our global presence, our marketing, our expended fan base across the world, our sponsorships, how we manage our finances including buying and selling players.  

We really need to take advantage of any new opportunities in the next big things and hopefully our link with Comcast via Atairos as well exploiting all the opportunities that being in the VSports groups will give us.  While the stadium improvement is a good opportunity for increase in revenue, our Birmingham location doesn’t have the desired benefits and attractiveness London does for Spurs.  

Our ways are growing our revenue and being competitive is less about the stadium and more about the other forms of revenue generation imo.  I’m just not convinced the large outlay for the return is there for a new sports and entertainment complex, I think increasing Villa Park to 55k+ is our level at least for the next years and that’s predominantly the North Stand development, so imo it’s a shame that has been put on hold.  I think the idea of replacing DE stand and Holte End eventually is La La land in the medium term.

Only brummies downplay their own city and region as badly as we do. It’s ridiculous a conurbation of our size does not have a 70k+ stadium. People of ambition and vision are required to reframe the potential of our wonderful region. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Only brummies downplay their own city and region as badly as we do. It’s ridiculous a conurbation of our size does not have a 70k+ stadium. People of ambition and vision are required to reframe the potential of our wonderful region. 

Given nobody has done it, maybe you are wrong and it’s just not there.  If the business case was there then somebody would’ve done it.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given nobody has done it, maybe you are wrong and it’s just not there.  If the business case was there then somebody would’ve done it.

You have to have vision. Look at Man City and their ground.  Stick that in the middle of the country with fantastic transport links and the potential is huge.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

You have to have vision. Look at Man City and their ground.  Stick that in the middle of the country with fantastic transport links and the potential is huge.

Their ground capacity is 53,400.  We would have been close to that with the North Stand redevelopment and the adjustment they were planning, so it doesn’t validate the point of a 70k+ stadium and sports complex.

It just fits my thoughts of about upgrading Villa Park through the North Stand redevelopment, it’s just a shame that’s on hold.

Some West Ham fans I spoke to in London said their socials were full of people saying they'd never sell out The London Stadium regularly as it was too big.  Now the club are trying to release more of the seats for use. 

Anyone think West Ham are a bigger or more successful club than us? 

• Like 1

Just can't see VP being redeveloped - there simply isn't the footfall necessary to make it viable in the long term. A new VP would be part of a district with multiple reasons for people to visit - Witton could never be that, there isn't the space to develop. 

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Some West Ham fans I spoke to in London said their socials were full of people saying they'd never sell out The London Stadium regularly as it was too big.  Now the club are trying to release more of the seats for use. 

Anyone think West Ham are a bigger or more successful club than us? 

No, but them and Palace do pick up quite a few neutral fans that move to London for work. Never understood it myself, but I know a fair few people with season tickets for one or the other that support a different premier league team. 

21 hours ago, useless said:

New stadium for the women and academy to play at akin to what Manchester City have, more likely than a new main stadium. infrastructure can mean anything, it could be work on Bodymoor Heath, something Heck has already said will happen, but also it could relate to infrastructure at one of V Sports other teams, and probably a bunch of other possibilities man

We have just spent millions on Bodymoor due to HS2 now not going through the site. I think people are reading too much into this statement, infrastructure investment could mean a lot of different things.

This is a quote from Chris Heck

"We are going to do a lot of renovation at Bodymoor Heath to continue building our academy, our womens programme, to build more for our first-team and be more attractive to bring in talent around the world."

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Their ground capacity is 53,400.  We would have been close to that with the North Stand redevelopment and the adjustment they were planning, so it doesn’t validate the point of a 70k+ stadium and sports complex.

It just fits my thoughts of about upgrading Villa Park through the North Stand redevelopment, it’s just a shame that’s on hold.

It's not really the ground, I love villa Park, it's the surrounding area and it's potential for development into an area for recreation, like Man City. Aston just hasn't got that potential in space alone, add to that it hasn't got great transport links and we have to play somewhere while it's been upgraded, North stand alone would be 12 months add the the other stands....its 4 years playing in a building site of one stand or another, just not going to happen.

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's not really the ground, I love villa Park, it's the surrounding area and it's potential for development into an area for recreation, like Man City. Aston just hasn't got that potential in space alone, add to that it hasn't got great transport links and we have to play somewhere while it's been upgraded, North stand alone would be 12 months add the the other stands....its 4 years playing in a building site of one stand or another, just not going to happen.

It should have great transport links. How many other big stadia are within walking distance of two railway stations plus access to the motorway and a few miles from the city centre?

That is down to other partners investing in transport infrastructure outside of the club's control. 

Regardless if we ever move or not we need to change people's behaviour to lower the use of private cars to the immediate areas of the ground, and offer better alternatives that are reliable and cheaper to use.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

But a new stadium isn’t going to happen either, not only doesn’t it make sense at the moment imo, it’s also that the club have stated they aren’t thinking of moving away from Villa Park.

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

What does that have to do with the price of cheese? 

[...]

And you’re 100 percent wrong. [..]

You know, you don't need to post in such an aggro fashion, and also if you're going to rant at me you could at least have the decency to address me directly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But a new stadium isn’t going to happen either, not only doesn’t it make sense at the moment imo, it’s also that the club have stated they aren’t thinking of moving away from Villa Park.

It absolutely makes sense. You just choose not to see that as a viable outcome yourself. That’s on you. The club will leave Villa Park at some point unless the council CPOs land for us. It’s as simple as that. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, useless said:

This is a quote from Chris Heck

"We are going to do a lot of renovation at Bodymoor Heath to continue building our academy, our womens programme, to build more for our first-team and be more attractive to bring in talent around the world."

I believe the club are very keen to put some accommodation in place at Bodymoor so that players/staff can stay overnight, as well as the sort of things you'd expect them to be adding in terms of equipment and space.

There is already some overnight bedrooms at Boodymoor but they're very basic. Our former women's player Ruesha Littlejohn showed them in one of her youtube vlogs

• Like 1

Â