Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I went on 35 minutes to get a pint yesterday. The queues after the 40 minute mark in the upper Doug were a shamble. Went all the way down the concourse.

Why miss ten to fifteen minutes for a pint?  Surely the game is more important than a half time pint? I’d rather miss the pint than the game.

Certainly an area any redevelopment need to improve in regards to service but if the service isn’t there surely better to miss out on the pint?

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, limpid said:

Is the beer that good that you'd miss the event you've paud for the sake of getting one?

Its not great but if I go at half time I’d get the beer and have drank it 10 minutes in to second half so balances out going early. 

The point is a person shouldn’t have to go at 35 minutes to have a chance of getting any sort of half time refreshment.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why miss ten to fifteen minutes for a pint?  Surely the game is more important than a half time pint? I’d rather miss the pint than the game.

Certainly an area any redevelopment need to improve in regards to service but if the service isn’t there surely better to miss out on the pint?

Yeh that’s my problem and a different one. But the point ain’t the pint. 

Edit: can still watch the game on the screens although there’s a slight delay. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Just do what they’ve done in the Lower Holte in the rest of the ground.  Can pretty much get a pint whenever you want now.

Edit: No such thing exists and I'm an idiot 

Edited by T-Dog

18 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Without wanting to ruin it for everyone, there's a reason why everyone can get a pint in the LH, and I'm quite sure it's costing the club a lot of money.

Yeh I heard about how much of a shambles that is in terms of the club making money. Sounds great for fans though. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh I heard about how much of a shambles that is in terms of the club making money. Sounds great for fans though. 

Say no more, but it's so bad how bad it is (for the club, not for those that know)

56 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just do what they’ve done in the Lower Holte in the rest of the ground.  Can pretty much get a pint whenever you want now.

I'd be amazed if that isn't the plan. 

34 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Without wanting to ruin it for everyone, there's a reason why everyone can get a pint in the LH, and I'm quite sure it's costing the club a lot of money.

Really? A lot of clubs have gone down this route, I've not heard of any issues. 

McDonald's, KFC, Jaqcs etc seem to rub along with the on screen ordering just fine. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Say no more, but it's so bad how bad it is (for the club, not for those that know)

What is this? Unlimited beer machine? 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? A lot of clubs have gone down this route, I've not heard of any issues. 

McDonald's, KFC, Jaqcs etc seem to rub along with the on screen ordering just fine. 

Completely correct

Well just seen that them down the road plan on a 62k stadium … I wonder if we’ll do a spurs and ensure a redeveloped Villa park / new stadium  trumps their capacity 😂 … They’ve  a long way to go but importantly have the land and desire to go for it and this time perhaps the momentum. Not bothered what they do tbh but worth keeping an eye on for shits & giggles 

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well just seen that them down the road plan on a 62k stadium … I wonder if we’ll do a spurs and ensure a redeveloped Villa park / new stadium  trumps their capacity 😂 … They’ve  a long way to go but importantly have the land and desire to go for it and this time perhaps the momentum. Not bothered what they do tbh but worth keeping an eye on for shits & giggles 

Got to say it, you sound a touch rattled . . .

. . . mate. 

• Haha 1

Don’t buy into that Small Heath bullshit . Birmingham city centre is already full of empty retail and office blocks.

Why would athletics go there instead of the Alexander stadium? It’s the home of British athletics. NFL don’t think so, maybe the odd game.There won’t be any World Cup or Euro’s in England for the next 25 years at least.

If it smells like bullshit it usually is bullshit. Look how much debt Spurs and Everton have taken on for their new stadiums. 
Gullible and deluded fanbase being sold a dream usually end in tears. Tears of laughter in our case.

11 hours ago, limpid said:

In my far too many years of going to VP, I've only had a half time drink when I've pre-ordered one in a box. I'm surprised people are so desperate for a crap beer that they'll miss part of the match experience to get one.

I completely agree, I sit in the upper holte. On Saturday the two guys next to me went on about 35 minutes and came back about 7-8 minutes into the second half missing our first and second goals. I really don’t get it, I have a pint or two before the game depending on how early I am but ultimately I’m there to watch the game so if it’s a choice between that and a pint I’ll miss out on the beer. You can see it happening all around the ground and I’m sure at other grounds too but it looks awful when loads of empty seats appear because they have all gone for drinks. If your that desperate to watch the game with a beer why not go to a pub and watch it 

• Like 2

I don't get it either. I want to soak in the football and the atmosphere not have it in a beer induced haze.

I had drink once at a sporting occasion while invited to a box and said I would never do it again.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Â