Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

It is an architect vision of what the new stand will look like when complete in 2 years time. Calm down about the badge used in the video! The club crest will just about be the last thing to go on the stand FFS and will reflect whatever is the club crest at the time. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Hang on, if we (see what I've done there already) are (incorrectly) going with "Aston Villa is ___" then this statement should read "Aston Villa unveils".

At least be consistent in your errors.

Correctly. Aston Villa is a legal entity in this sentence not a collective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The main function of the warehouse though is to be a bar I assume?

Food and drinks venue, somewhere to watch the 530KO/The Six Nations I imagine. Everything will be geared to getting more money from people in there. 

55 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Hang on, if we (see what I've done there already) are (incorrectly) going with "Aston Villa is ___" then this statement should read "Aston Villa unveils".

At least be consistent in your errors.

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Correctly. Aston Villa is a legal entity in this sentence not a collective. 

Aston Villa, the club, is a collective. It should use "Aston Villa (the club) is delighted to announce Moussa Diaby...".

Not sure i get the legal entity difference though.  Isn't it just that we'd use unveil when we do it, and then unveils if someone else is talking about us having unveiled it? My brain hurts...

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Aston Villa, the club, is a collective. It should use "Aston Villa (the club) is delighted to announce Moussa Diaby...".

Not sure i get the legal entity difference though.  Isn't it just that we'd use unveil when we do it, and then unveils if someone else is talking about us having unveiled it? My brain hurts...

Sorry this was my misreading of your sentence and meaning. I thought you were saying we should say Aston Villa are... Which wouldn't be right. Unveils is right, or not. Oh, now I'm confused! 

40 minutes ago, Dale said:

Food and drinks venue, somewhere to watch the 530KO/The Six Nations I imagine. Everything will be geared to getting more money from people in there. 

What else, exactly, would you expect from an ancillary building to a professional sports stadium? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Another consideration is from a carbon footprint point of view is it always better to retrofit and improve the efficiency of a current building than build a new one. So this will help a lot towards the project being as carbon minimal as possible

I imagine the retrofitting of some insulation etc brings with it inherent inefficiencies that newer building materials don't have, but yes there is probably less impact overall. 

I doubt that's the deciding factor here though,  will be to do with the issues around availability of the building materials and machinery at the moment that would otherwise delay us or make the cost impractical.

Probably something to do with access to the North stand during construction also, which would be more tricky if Villa live was going up at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

What else, exactly, would you expect from an ancillary building to a professional sports stadium? 

It's the fact that they hold a knife to people's throat to force them through the door and then show them the illicit photos they've taken of them to coerce them to buy the over priced beer that hurts though. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's the fact that they hold a knife to people's throat to force them through the door and then show them the illicit photos they've taken of them to coerce them to buy the over priced beer that hurts though. 

I mean, yeah that's an eyebrow raiser when compared to most retail outlets, but not enough for me to start questioning it properly. 

How the hell are we meant to pay Digne otherwise...

52 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing. And it wasn't a complaint. If its a useful and enjoyable facility it'll succeed and that's all the better. 

If I'm at a match during the six nations, I'd be happier going into that space than the Holte Suite which was generally where I went. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does anyone have the planning application reference for the revised plans?

They haven't been put up on the website yet, so far as I can see.  It normally takes about 7 days or so between plans being registered and put up on the city council's website

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Actually prefer the warehouse to that massive cube. 

Also, the club have clearly communicated weeks ago that the badge is under review this season after the arrival of Heck. Literally the opposite of a farce. 

It's been included on a couple of CGI mock-ups for a planning permission, hardly "committed"...

Sorry, but I do think a situation where there is zero continuity (again) between one appointment to the next at our club is a farce. It's bad enough when it's related to footballing matters affecting favoured personnel, style of play etc but when it comes to the actual branding integrity of the club and inconsistencies we've put up with for decades, it's shocking to me. It's not hard to get this stuff right. It was appalling to have a new brand identity half rolled out and then get rid of the guy who initiated it, only to roll it all back. He should have been told No by his own superiors if they didn't like the direction, or if they knew they were going to get rid of him. Heck coming in and deciding he knows better is all well and good but we don't know what we'll get from him now, or how long it will take.

To me, it IS a farce, and the fact they've made pretty big changes (which they can't call minor IMO) to the overall expansion plans is also ridiculous.

You can't have people coming in the door every 4-5 years and completely tearing up plans that have been years in the making. We will never get anywhere that way.

• Like 1

The warehouse looks better than villa live did anyway and leaves a bit of heritage on the site. If we want to sell villa park as a historic ground then we need to keep at least some of the character and features. If we rip up our stands and surrounds, and do not retain or recreate the original features we may as well move stadium. 

Â