Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If they put the stage in front of the North Stand it wouldn't cause much of a problem I'd have thought.

Part of the next stage of the plan is to use the space under the Holte End to allow for a truck to drive straight off Witton Lane, through the bottom of the Holte End and to the pitch, so that setting up staging becomes much simpler and cheaper for touring bands and it opens us up to more opportunities. The stages will end up being at the Holte End of the ground.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Part of the next stage of the plan is to use the space under the Holte End to allow for a truck to drive straight off Witton Lane, through the bottom of the Holte End and to the pitch, so that setting up staging becomes much simpler and cheaper for touring bands and it opens us up to more opportunities. The stages will end up being at the Holte End of the ground.

It looks like it could already? Isn't there a big gate at the corner of holte and Witton? 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

It looks like it could already? Isn't there a big gate at the corner of holte and Witton? 

There is, but apparently there's a big dead space under the Lower Holte that they've got some sort of plan for.

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There is, but apparently there's a big dead space under the Lower Holte that they've got some sort of plan for.

It's because the Holte is basically built into the side of a hill.

Ground level by the Holte Suite entrance corresponds to the vomitories leading to the seats.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm really keen to know the full plan - do you know when the club are going to share the master plan for the Doug Ellis and Holte End proposals?  

47 minutes ago, andycv said:

I'm really keen to know the full plan - do you know when the club are going to share the master plan for the Doug Ellis and Holte End proposals?  

In terms of what we were told, there are no plans currently in place or in consideration for the redevelopment of the Doug Ellis Stand - either in phase 2 or beyond - it's here for the foreseeable.

Phase 2 seems to be a set of ideas and proposals with some design work behind them, I think as each part of it becomes something that reaches implementation they'll tell us about it - but it's smaller stuff, remodelling the hospitality areas, adding hospitality terraces, remodelling pavements, using the space under the Holte; that sort of thing - not rebuilding stands.  

• Like 1

On 08/07/2022 at 21:20, Davkaus said:

I hope they realise that "Villa Live" is a really shit name before we're stuck with it.

Live is also an anagram of Vile... which I feel will be seized upon by rival fans

Did anyone even have a clue what it was before going and reading the description? Without the context of it being a physical thing, I was stumped, and assumed it was a rename of Villa TV or something.

I don't see anyone actually calling it that. "I'm going down to Villa Live later, want to come?". Just not going to stick is it.

Edited by Davkaus

Yeah Ive come across those kind of things plenty of times

Putting architect hat on... The name live can suggest life or lived in or lively or on air / open / in use which in turn can suggest that the building is busy and available and somewhere to be which is the purpose of the building... The name tells the story of the building*

Does feel like it'll change after its been built though 

* actual spiel that a Norman Foster architect once gave me

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of what we were told, there are no plans currently in place or in consideration for the redevelopment of the Doug Ellis Stand - either in phase 2 or beyond - it's here for the foreseeable.

Phase 2 seems to be a set of ideas and proposals with some design work behind them, I think as each part of it becomes something that reaches implementation they'll tell us about it - but it's smaller stuff, remodelling the hospitality areas, adding hospitality terraces, remodelling pavements, using the space under the Holte; that sort of thing - not rebuilding stands.  

If they could tidy up the Holte / Doug Ellis corner that would be great, including demolishing the control room hovering in the space between the stands.

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The Holte will be rebuilt as a 20k single terrace. Every seat will have a personal beer pump and a urinal that empties out in Small Heath. 

That's a disgusting thought. I wouldn't want my piss ending up there. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't know. I think it is designed by HB Architects.  O'Brien did the recent work at Bodymoor so perhaps being used again? Not sure.

I’d imagine that there’ll be a list of preferred contractors that will be invited to tender. The final decision can’t really be made until full planning permission has been granted. 

40 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d imagine that there’ll be a list of preferred contractors that will be invited to tender. The final decision can’t really be made until full planning permission has been granted. 

No, I was referring to the inner city academy which has started construction this summer.

Â