Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I own the company that owns those vans. Seriously, I do. No joke.

You may well be the sole shareholder in the Ltd company; you don't, however, own the assets of the company, the company does.

Edit: I know this is very off topic. :blush:

Edited by snowychap

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You may well be the sole shareholder in the Ltd company; you don't, however, own the assets of the company, the company does.

Sure, I understand the legalities. 

I've told a bit of a porky anyway, I have a business partner! I was just trying to make a bit of a pointless point. Crudely.

Oh and P.S. I clarified as much in the next paragraph, that the way Tony's ownership of Aston Villa is stated on the official site is worded incorrectly. Luckily the OS isn't a legal document. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sure, I understand the legalities. 

I've told a bit of a porky anyway, I have a business partner! I was just trying to make a bit of a pointless point. Crudely.

He he. No worries. :)

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine (imagine having something this obscure as one of those!!) about separate legal entities and wotnot.

Edited by snowychap
Spelling

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

He he. No worries. :)

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine (imagine having something this obscure as one of those!!) about seperate legal entities and wotnot.

Fair one!

I find it all very interesting. I know in future should I have any business related legal queries to say something ridiculous in off topic in the hope you'll pounce!

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fair one!

I find it all very interesting. I know in future should I have any business related legal queries to say something ridiculous in off topic in the hope you'll pounce!

In the word (is an acronym a word?) of our overseer (no, not Mr Xia): IANAL. ;)

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's actually my point, if Xia owns 100% of the Recon Group, I have no problem with the statement that he owns Aston Villa. If he for example is the majority shareholder of the Recon Group though, I wouldn't feel as comfortable saying that he is the sole owner (in the same way as your business partner probably would like to claim that he/she also has an interest in your vans :-) )

I fully support Xia and I don't think there is anything fishy, I guess for me it comes down to if Xia owns the Recon Group to 100% or not. If he does, then I have no problem with the official site saying that Xia is the owner, although Recon formally is the owner. 

Xia owns 100% of the Recon Group according to all available information, if that helps. 

My business partner probably wouldn't care! Though he probably would like me to point out that one of the vans is for sale, though between me and you it's an absolute shed and is probably worth less than the diesel in it. Let the bidding commence. 

• Like 1

I own the phone I'm using to post this. Many people make payments to a carrier who technically owns the phone while monthly payments are made.  But I own this phone.  Just in case it matters to some of you.  

• Like 1

I don't care about the exact numbers, the point is that RDM has identified what he wants and what (who) he doesn't want, and Xia is clearly willing to back him - in numbers - both financially and in numbers of players, and we are actively after them. We may not get all of them, but it shows that the intent is there.

XIA IN!!!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My business partner probably wouldn't care! Though he probably would like me to point out that one of the vans is for sale, though between me and you it's an absolute shed and is probably worth less than the diesel in it. Let the bidding commence. 

I bid Agbonlahor. Wait, how much is that worth? *ponders*

Meh, £0 should get it, right?

2 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Seems to be a disproportionate amount of Newcastle fans actively tweeting him now. He'll be in for some should we lose today - they won't forget that Friday tweet in a hurry.

That was aimed at Holloway more than Newcastle.

12 hours ago, snowychap said:

I'm sole owner of my company and own all my assets.

And anyone who is subcontracted to me, I own their balls too.

In a vice, taught ready to crunch if they dont deliver.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

That was aimed at Holloway more than Newcastle.

Yes. Unfortunately the Newcastle fans are an egotistical bunch who think everything is about them.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

Â