Eurovision Song Contest 2016

hogso

1 minute ago, Risso said:

10 points to Poland people of the UK? I am disappoint.

Poland was better than Lithuania, which got the popular 12. 

Or tells us that the juries are pretty shite

Got no issue with the disparity between the voting that's pretty much how the Eurovision has always been ( thanks to the politics of it all )

I just don't think time spent going through all the jury votes works if you then spend five minutes at the end dishing out hundreds of points in one go, Ukraine pretty much trebled their score, can't see why they don't declare the nations public vote at the same time as the jury

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

10 points to Poland people of the UK? I am disappoint.

Why?

Poland 2nd last for juries, 3rd for popular vote. Mental discrepancy. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

Because it was shit.

I agree. The song that lost to it was much, much better. It sounds like a Rihanna song.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Massively disappointing Eurovision. Nothing worthy of a pisstake, nothing approaching a good song in there, and a dreadful winner. And not much to look at either.

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't imagine a worse sight than a massive collection of Euro trash singing absolutely awful songs whilst the flag waving dickheads in the audience clap like seals. 

int_160302_INET_FC_EURO_100_DAYS.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, just the 200 million or so last year, with almost certainly more than that this year. 

And the VT Eurovision match thread is a splendid thing indeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are Australia in this?

They were invited as a special one off last year for the anniversary (Not sure why it was them in particular).

Anyway, People loved it so they got invited back again.

Israel have been in it for years, Morocco and Tunisia have been in it too, and China and possibly Qatar will be soon. So there's precedent for it, and I imagine we'll see more and more non-European countries joining over the next decade. Plus there's places like Egypt, Lebanon, Algeria and more, I think, which are non-patricipating members of the European Broadcasting Union, whom produce the show.

If you look at International European football as a comparison though, some places like Faroe Islands, for example, can't compete as they aren't independant of Denmark. Which is a shame as I'd love to see Greenland compete.

Â