The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

17 hours ago, Tubby said:

To go with his North Korean style walk

Oh shit we've been bought by the North Koreans! Tell the Mail, we've been duped!

Tony out! And take your known unknown associates with you (cause everyone seems offended by them already)

17 hours ago, Tubby said:

Enough already, I'm banging my head against a wall reading your nonsense and it **** hurts!

Business is not always pretty and nor are some of the individuals involved in business but beyond what you perceive to know of these people just be **** happy for Aston Villa will you and stop dragging the rest of us down

In all honesty like some I'm not gulable or stupid enough to roll over an go all gooey eyed just because we have been sold to a guy claiming to make us a top 3 club in 5 years

i wanna see the proof of it first!!

my club will have my undying support no matter what happens, what ever dr xias or Chris samuelsons plans are will become clear in time until then I'll remain sceptical

1 minute ago, backofthenet said:

In all honesty like some I'm not gulable or stupid enough to roll over an go all gooey eyed just because we have been sold to a guy claiming to make us a top 3 club in 5 years

my club will have my undying support no matter what happens, what ever dr xias or Chris samuelsons plans are will become clear in time until then I'll remain sceptical

So people who are excited about the club and what Xia, RDM and Wyness have said are just gullible or stupid? Not optimistic or anything else?

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning who has taken us over, it's our right as fans to be able to do so. But to say that is a bit over the top and, as one of the people gullible/stupid enough to get gooey eyed, I cannot wait for the new season. I'll be picking up the new jersey and I'll be there on match day one to cheer on my team.

• Like 1

The most interesting thing for me* in the takeover pictures and videos is that we've not taken the pitch up yet. I guess that means we're not planning on relaying it this summer as most clubs tear off the turf the minute the season is over to give the new grass time to take.

* Because I'm a total saddo

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I still don't think we will be anywhere near as popular even with adding China at the end!

Someone posted a link some time ago that we were the 12th best supported team in China.

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

The most interesting thing for me* in the takeover pictures and videos is that we've not taken the pitch up yet. I guess that means we're not planning on relaying it this summer as most clubs tear off the turf the minute the season is over to give the new grass time to take.

The villa park pitch doesnt need replacing yearly , it has a hybrid pitch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

So people who are excited about the club and what Xia, RDM and Wyness have said are just gullible or stupid? Not optimistic or anything else?

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning who has taken us over, it's our right as fans to be able to do so. But to say that is a bit over the top and, as one of the people gullible/stupid enough to get gooey eyed, I cannot wait for the new season. I'll be picking up the new jersey and I'll be there on match day one to cheer on my team.

If we can't enjoy today why bother?  For the first time in ages I am genuinely hopeful the club might just get back to where it once was.  Things might not go to plan, of course, but we can deal with that if and when it happens.  I for one am going to just enjoy the ride and lets see where it takes us. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

In all honesty to be sceptical is absolutely fine. To call fellow fans gullible and stupid for being optimistic for the future is just damn right rude!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

When I did the VP tour about a month back the grass was already up and was replanted. That's how much it has grown since then. 

When we have the best groundsmen in the premier league they don't mess around; probably the one area that doesn't need fixing! :D 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'm sure there was a picture about a month ago that the new grass was growing and a sheet was over it. Maybe it's already been done.

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

That's more like it !! A football thing !

Anyway, I don't blame anyone for being sceptical. Whoever had bought us, scepticism would have made sense, and there are certainly more straightforward takeovers in the world.  But I don't blame anyone for being thrilled and excited, after all, it could be great.

Out of the two it seems to make more sense to me to be the latter until there is real actual reason to be the former. Otherwise, if it does go ok, you'll have missed it !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Someone posted a link some time ago that we were the 12th best supported team in China.

Aye I remember seeing this as I remember someone posted a hilarious chant of "and it's Aston Villa, Aston Villa FC. We're the 12th most recognised team, the world has ever seen". Cracked me up

1 hour ago, choffer said:

In fairness, it has only been used for kickabouts mostly last season so is probably still in pretty good nick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

*ahem* Championship.

Sorry :-(

Correction. Last season we had the best groundsmen in the Premier League ;) 

This season will be a walk in the park in the Championship...

Well technically gutter when we go to the sty but you get my drift :)