The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Certainly better than what we currently have. Yes, be careful what you wish for and all that, but no matter who buys us that is always going to be the case until enough time has passed that we can judge their level of success.

What choice do we have, really? We can't get much worse than being run into the ground by an incompetent, disinterested owner. We'd be relegated again at this rate anyway, might as well have some optimism that owners who are actually willing to vest and take an interest are on the horizon, whomever they may be.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Wyness, Corleone, and Chinese owners. I'm not sure that is bad at all.

Not wild about RDM but he's not the awful appointment some seem to think....not convinced it'll be him anyway, Moyes fits this scenario better.

Moyes still hasn't signed as manager anywhere has he? Could be waiting for our owners announcement. I would think the owners would go all out to get the best attainable. Wyness has an Everton link. Moyes may be happy to be able to use a bit of money to spend even though we may be in the championship.

I am not sold on Moyes personally but we need a manager who the current crop of players that stay would actually respect and he would be able to get the best of. Would mean Lescott would stay though.............

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Wyness, Corleone, and Chinese owners. I'm not sure that is bad at all.

Not wild about RDM but he's not the awful appointment some seem to think....not convinced it'll be him anyway, Moyes fits this scenario better.

Is he the latest to be linked now?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

Did well at mk Dons, got west brom promoted at the first attempt, champions league winner with Chelsea

id have him over Pearson.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Did well at mk Dons, got west brom promoted at the first attempt, champions league winner with Chelsea

id have him over Pearson.

The season he got West Brom promoted they scored 89 goals in the league. RDM gets flak for being defensive but he was only truly defensive minded at Chelsea to combat Bayern Munich and Barcelona. So yeah likewise given the names talked about aside from maybe Moyes I would take RDM any day over the likes of Pearson.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5576245,00.html

Aston Villa Football Club can confirm today that Adrian Bevington has decided to leave his advisory position with the Club.Bevington joined the Club to review and evaluate the managerial position and playing staff at Villa Park in March. Aston Villa Chairman Steve Hollis said: "I'd like to place on record my thanks to Adrian for his contribution and professionalism. "Over a short period of time, he has provided a great deal of football knowledge and experience - both to the Club and to me personally. "Adrian gave me his word he would remain with the Club until the end of the season. Now that time has come we wish him well for the future with his various football commitments." Adrian Bevington said: "I explained to Steve Hollis a few weeks ago that I would not be looking to take on a full-time role with the Club, but agreed to remain as an advisor until the end of the season. "I know how hard Steve is working on a number of levels and I hope he can conclude the ownership and managerial positions very soon. "I have enjoyed working with Steve and Brian Little - a man who clearly cares so much for the Club and will do everything he can to help it succeed. "I'd also like to make particular reference to Eric Black. Eric has been a true professional to work with after taking on the manager's role in the most difficult circumstances. "There is a huge amount of work ahead for Aston Villa FC. A Club of its size with its great support should be competing at the higher levels of the Premier League, not in the position it currently finds itself. "To move forward, now more than ever, it is crucial the Club makes the right calls on the big decisions it is faced with. "I wish everyone at Aston Villa FC and its supporters every success for the future."

I think it isnt far off to be honest, I just hope whoever the people in charge are have hcosen their man and that man has seen the crumbling of aston villa and the pile of shite first team we have

I’m surprised Bevington stayed on as long as he did after Bernstein left. If the club is on the verge of being sold then it is hard to know what Bevington and Little for that matter are actually doing. I wouldn't be surprised to see Little leave in the coming days.

I don’t have a clue what he has done but fair play to Bevington he has said some nice things about the club and let’s hope, as he suggested, that the club will have a new owner and manager very soon.

Edited by markavfc40

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

Just seen on the BBC website 'chinese bank buys London gold vault'.... To hold future Villa trophies??

Nah it's to hold the huge transfer kitty we're getting this summer :D

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Nah it's to hold the huge transfer kitty we're getting this summer :D

.......and you're back in the room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just seen on the BBC website 'chinese bank buys London gold vault'.... To hold future Villa trophies??

We're only paying in gold, like Ron Swanson.

• Like 1