Football board

Sam3773

I like it. It's cleaner, seperating out the football activities from the business activities. This way football people are in charge of the football and business people are in charge of the business.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Sadistic much?

After seeing the initial joy (myself included) at such appointments as Wilkins, Roy Keane, Tom Fox, Almstadt and any other number of off the field staff, I have learnt not to get to pleased at appointments such as this.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

OK, so GH as HFO, RG reporting to DB not the CEO - all good IMHO.

So now we insert fantasy appointments to judge them on? 

If he can round it out with a solid, credible appointment there then respect due for basically doing everything I could have hoped for. If it goes tits up again then I reserve the right to quote myself for being an idiot!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

My feelings are similar to Rodders. This is all looks good but it seems like no matter what happens things are still shit. I think unless Lerner invests significantly in the summer and we get a proper clear out of the bad eggs things won't get better, although this change at the top is of course welcome.

Obviously time will tell how much of a difference things are under the new board. I do feel a hell of a lot more confident going into next season with people that understand the footballing side a lot better.

Another great piece of journalism from the Brum Mail Karen **** brady & Faulkner listed. Just when I thought they couldn't come up with a worst list than the other days bargain buys which included Joe Allen & Leandro Damiao they've gone and topped it ! 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-next-aston-villa-chief-11061317

But who would be the right person to replace Tom Fox? Head of Agenda and Business Graeme Brown throws nine names in the hat

The search is on for a new chief executive at Aston Villa after the departure of Tom Fox....

its looking a more positive set up than before but i dont see the need for another person (head of football operations)

surely brian little could take on the above role? with berstein or king as finance director (which ever one was the banker lol)

also, what type of director role is the general taking?

Â