The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Ah. My mistake. :blush:

Having chided Peter for being a bit tunnel vision on something in another thread, I have done precisely the same here. Apologies.

Your comment applies equally, pretty much to the pair of them, regardless. I thought it was spot on. These narrow minded, small brained Home Counties Tory types are a menace. They have no understanding, no width or breadth of appreciation and if things don’t turn out as they want them to, they just try to tilt the table. Appalling people utterly unfit to be anywhere near government. I detest them.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, blandy said:

Your comment applies equally, pretty much to the pair of them, regardless. I thought it was spot on. These narrow minded, small brained Home Counties Tory types are a menace. They have no understanding, no width or breadth of appreciation and if things don’t turn out as they want them to, they just try to tilt the table. Appalling people utterly unfit to be anywhere near government. I detest them.

Yes.  But what is startling is the apparent lack of understanding of how to build support, or even the need to do so, which is supposed to be the core competence of politicians.  Apparently May went to the Members' tea room the other day in an effort to be seen to be available to MPs, and it was claimed she didn't know what to do or where to get her food, because it's been so long since she was there; such a gesture can only be seen as superficial, insincere, cynical, and meaningless, and is likely to reinforce negative perceptions of her aloofness.  And Leadweight telling off MPs for not accepting being treated with contempt is rather like a shopkeeper who berates his customers for returning faulty goods - you might resent it, but on no account say so, because there's nothing you can gain and you will only create anger.

Situations like the present one tend to magnify the importance of what may seem little things like this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's not fighting back tears, he's just done a Guinness fart and he's trying to see if it's going to linger.

that would be a Cranberry fart surely ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Link to the "full" legal advice

5 1/2 pages of stuff that does not require a QC to tell everyone what's wrong with the deal. Apart from it confirming what everyone is saying, why were they so intent on keeping this secret? Country's in the hands of idiots. 

Surely that's the shortened version?

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

After the worst day for a Government in Parliament in living memory, Shami Chakrabati goes on the Today programme and thinks "we need to do something to show we're just as hopeless as the other lot"

My little heart sank this morning listening to that interview.

She just sounded like she'd done no revision and hadn't expected to be asked any questions.

If a general election happens, Labour are a million miles away from home and dry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My little heart sank this morning listening to that interview.

She just sounded like she'd done no revision and hadn't expected to be asked any questions.

If a general election happens, Labour are a million miles away from home and dry.

The country is actually becoming desperate for a Pro-remain Centrist Party, whether it knows it or not is another matter

• Like 2

Â