The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I voted Remain.

I can see a compelling argument to leave. But now is not the time and these are not the people to lead us down that path.  

If Boris and Gove win I'm probably leaving anyway. If Germany will still have me!

I'm sure they'll still need canon fodder  as they march East on Stalingrad :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What is it? I've not heard one yet.

If I'm honest, I don't fancy the debate but in short - EU ran by big business, European Commission filling its boots and becoming too powerful and ideologically undemocratic. It requires serious reform and I don't see it happening any time soon.

Suffice to say I can see the argument from both sides, just not coming from the idiots at the helm. 

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Tomorrow will be carnage if it is a loss. Especially if it's close.

I'm avoiding the news.

I'm avoiding not just the news, but windows and flammable objects as well. 

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Walked out of the polling station to hear a couple of old blokes harping on about the good old days. "We have to leave, right. I remember before this EU, we used to make things".

It's a shame I didn't hear the imbecile on the way in, in case his compelling argument changed my mind,

My mum was in the post office this morning, and some lady was holding court about the referendum in there (this is in Stourbridge). Apparently the gist of her argument was that leaving the EU would bring chain-making and glass-blowing back. 

We've clearly reached the point now where for some people leaving the EU is a magic bullet that'll do everything from bring back dead industries to cure your arthritis to get the moles out the garden. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

So many ancedotes about voting encounters with rabid imbeciles  I almost regret that I live in the real world instead of fantasy land  ...

serious girls you've got it in the bag stop being so dramatic get onto your travel agent and see if you can change that one way ticket to a return and remember to vote in 2 years time now that you've all got a taste for it.... 

This guy asked 300 people on Grindr what they thought:

http://machotrouts.tumblr.com/post/146007685930/remaindr

tumblr_inline_o8r5gdSci71qaw62i_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o8r5g9lRDA1qaw62i_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o8r5g2tWAq1qaw62i_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o8r5e7LMlF1qaw62i_500.jpg

I was only able to question 327 users before Grindr moderators intervened. 151 users left some kind of response. Of these, 108 settled on a yes or no answer.

81.48% (88) would like to REMAIN in the European Union.

18.52% (20) would like to EXIT the European Union.

Other responses can be divided as follows:

10   Undecided
8     Don’t care
8     Miscellaneous evasion
6     None of my business
3     Too bewildered to answer
3     Too horny to engage politically
3     Turned out to be a spambot
2     Incomprehensible

(This leaves 38 users who presumably blocked me by the time the results were counted. Any responses they may have given are not counted here.)

In conclusion, Scottish Grindr users are overwhelmingly against leaving the European Union.

• Like 4

Â