MON Conspiracy Theory

Djemba_Villan

Not wishing to resurrect the usual MON/Lerner/What could have been debates - something going on at the minute at West Brom has made me wonder something about the exact way MON left.

so...the secret footballer has written an article which, essentially, accuses Pulis of benefitting from the sale of players via common agents and that berehino is caught up in a standoff between Pulis (who is up to a redknapp) and peace who has cottoned on but can't fire him. It reads as though Pulis is trying to rush the sale such that he can benefit from the % of the inevitable £30m deal rather Than wait for tribunal next year.  Pulis has been sued by every team he's managed except Stoke and it's likely to end the same there.

one particular point I've read is that palace are suing him for bonuses (relating to the profit made on players sold) paid to him weren't due as he didn't manage the first game of the new season. It's apparently common practice for managers to receive bonuses on value added to players.

MON left us stupidly early on in the season on the back of a protracted Milner sale....for which his bonus would have been reduced by the part exchange nature with Stephen Ireland. The real reason MON left was never actually revealed despite promise by Both him and the club and it went to court....could such a manager bonus clause have been a contributing factor? 

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Wasn't MON very vocal about not wanting to sell Milner?

He was, but he didn't make that decision. Milner wanted out and Lerner though the money was too good 

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes and although Lerner is an imbecile at least he didnt authorise more money wasted on rubbish signings

Keane would have been a great signing. I'd still take Keane this season. McGeady came into everton and did alright, but quickly was found out. 

2 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

so...the secret footballer has written an article which, essentially, accuses Pulis of benefitting from the sale of players via common agents and that berehino is caught up in a standoff between Pulis (who is up to a redknapp) and peace who has cottoned on but can't fire him. It reads as though Pulis is trying to rush the sale such that he can benefit from the % of the inevitable £30m deal rather Than wait for tribunal next year.  Pulis has been sued by every team he's managed except Stoke and it's likely to end the same there.

Have you got a link to this article please?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes and although Lerner is an imbecile at least he didnt authorise more money wasted on rubbish signings

I would have thought his subsequent track record on signings refutes that idea over and over again - not only players, but managers as well!

24 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I would have thought his subsequent track record on signings refutes that idea over and over again - not only players, but managers as well!

Yep, we've wasted so much money since MON left. 

Looking back now, I reckon MON was simply the first to see what a useless fool Lerner is, and once Lerner moved the goalposts on their agreement he walked. Fair enough too I think.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Looking back now, I reckon MON was simply the first to see what a useless fool Lerner is, and once Lerner moved the goalposts on their agreement he walked. Fair enough too I think.

Fair enough? The manner in which he did it was shameful. Also, Lerner then was completely different to Lerner now - he clearly still had interest and this was some time before the mismanaged (but necessary) wage bill cuts came into place.

The biggest mistake Lerner made was giving O'Neill too much of a free reign - we still haven't properly recovered now. And no this isn't me simply blaming all of our problems on O'Neill (before I get accused of that) because clearly there are so many other people that must share the blame, not least Lerner.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Just my opinion Mantis. You thought it was shameful at the time... I didn't. But I'm pretty sure that the whole thing has been cloaked in so much secrecy that nobody outside of a few people at the club really knows what happened, so a definitive judgement on MON (or Lerner for that matter) seems to be rather difficult to make.

• Like 1

Â