Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is all very weird.  We're having a superb window.  I don't think I've been disappointed by anyone we've brought in or anyone we've gotten rid of.  Everything so far has been pushing Villa in the right direction.  OK there were a few at the time I would have liked us to get, but even at that, the eventual arrival (McCormack over Gayle for example) was more than satisfactory.  They're making this transfer malarkey look remarkably easy aren't they?

NEXT!

Crazy isn't - almost like we have people running the club who know what they're doing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is all very weird.  We're having a superb window.  I don't think I've been disappointed by anyone we've brought in or anyone we've gotten rid of.  Everything so far has been pushing Villa in the right direction.  OK there were a few at the time I would have liked us to get, but even at that, the eventual arrival (McCormack over Gayle for example) was more than satisfactory.  They're making this transfer malarkey look remarkably easy aren't they?

NEXT!

The only player we missed out on who I thought we realistically could have signed, who would have been ideal for us and might well have come given that we signed his former captain was Matt Ritchie. That said, he cost a fortune and is on a fortune per week too so I can't really bring myself to grumble. 

Other than that we've nailed it so far. 

2/3 to go hopefully. 

Isn't great to have a side that you can't wait to watch - been too long.  I am really excited about where this club is heading and the football we might play.  If we can get three more quality players in I think it is going to be a hell of season to be a Villa fan. Can see us getting stronger and stronger as the season unfolds, certainly enough to be in the promotion mix.

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Isn't great to have a side that you can't wait to watch - been too long.  I am really excited about where this club is heading and the football we might play.  If we can get three more quality players in I think it is going to be a hell of season to be a Villa fan. Can see us getting stronger and stronger as the season unfolds, certainly enough to be in the promotion mix.

Sadly I'll have to wait until we are promoted because there is no TV-cover...

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tell me about it, hopefully we might get lucky this weekend? Surely there must be some kind of online deal to purchase smh.

I'm hoping that once the Olympics are over SKY and other TV channels will broadcast a few more games a week from the Championship.

• Like 1

Yeah I think your right- if we start playing well I think we'll get a lot of coverage.  On hols at the moment but I can't wait to get back and get down to villa Park - not thought like that for a good long while..

9 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

Looks like Diawara is going to Napoli. Was very unrealistic anyways.

Very happy with the signings so far, but we need a few more. Our bench last game was as bad as it gets.

Let's hope we have an equally ambitious option lined up as an alternative. Our midfield certainly needs better quality to play alongside Jedinak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

I think we will be on Sky more this season than when we were shit in the Premier League so you guys abroad should be ok.

Nothing to do with sky, Every PL game is shown live somewhere in the world meaning that you could watch every single game via some sort of stream. Now only the sky games and 1 per week on espn/bein are watchable for those who can not attend and even the radio commentary requires a dodgy stream as no commentaries are broadcast online

• Like 1