Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was really looking forward to everyone pulling in the same direction for a change. I grew sick of being involved in such a miserable, stagnant football club. Unfortunately, nothing appears to have changed because far too many people have zero self control or patience. 

We wanted our Villa back. We got it back, together. Within a couple of months some are back to pissing and moaning again. It's your right to do so but I've had enough of it to be honest. Perhaps that's a problem with me.

Doug, I'm sorry: it wasn't my intention to upset you or anybody else. But if you're only happy when everyone takes the same stance as you, perhaps a football message board is not the ideal place to hang out.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think things will be more different than you think. 

There's a good chance our back 5 could be Gollini Hutton, Elphick, baker and amavi. that's completely different to last year. our midfield two could be tshibola and Gardner which again is different. there's a good chance grealish will be completely different this year and Adama and Green will be like new signings. the squad is not complete but it doesn't look like we will be using the same shit team that disgraced us last year. let's give them the transfer window to finish off the job they are working on. 

Maybe you're right, I think I'm going to take a step back until something actually happens. It just appears that things are going in the same direction, but I may be completely wrong and I know that, but I was just expecting more at this point with the season so close.

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

Maybe you'e right, I think I'm  going to take a step back until someting actually happens. It just appears that things are going in the same direction, but I may be completely wrong and I know that, but I was just expecting more at this point with the season so close.

How are they going in the same direction? We have a new owner and a new manager. We've spent more money than most teams in the division. Lots of reports are linking players being shipped out and we're clearly going to sign more. Youth players are being introduced more and our owner is abroad promoting the club and communicating with fans. It feels very different to me. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How are they going in the same direction? We have a new owner and a new manager. We've spent more money than most teams in the division. Lots of reports are linking players being shipped out and we're clearly going to sign more. Youth players are being introduced more and our owner is abroad promoting the club and communicating with fans. It feels very different to me. 

New manager is nothing new. Our better players leaving is nothing new, I'm not 100% Amavi or Ayew will still be here by the end of the window before that gets thrown back at me. It's not clear we'll sign more and if we do are they going to be more inexperienced players or spares like the last three? The communication from the owner is nice, but as far as I'm concerned it's all talk until we see real intent with the playing staff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

New manager is nothing new. Our better players leaving is nothing new, I'm not 100% Amavi or Ayew will still be here by the end of the window before that gets thrown back at me. It's not clear we'll sign more and if we do are they going to be more inexperienced players or spares like the last three? The communication from the owner is nice, but as far as I'm concerned it's all talk until we see real intent with the playing staff.

You must be a bundle of laughs at a party. Chill out and see what happens in the rest of the window. Then get worried if we are fielding this:

Bunn

Hutton Lescott Richards Bennett

Grealish  Sanchez   Westwood

Gabby Kozak Gestede

We wont be!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

You must be a bundle of laughs at a party. Chill out and see what happens in the rest of the window. Then get worried if we are fielding this:

Bunn

Hutton Lescott Richards Bennett

Grealish  Sanchez   Westwood

Gabby Kozak Gestede

We wont be!

I'm actually very happy until I come on here. Condescending comments and sarcasm tend to bring me down :) I've said a few comments back that I'm being impatient and I'd stand back for a while. I'm worried, I'm not seeing how people are positive, I know the team will be different I just can't see it being that different. I didn't want MORE second chances.

18 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

New manager is nothing new. Our better playeers leaving is nothing new, I'm not 100% Amavi or Ayew will still be here by the end of the window before that gets thrown back at me. It's not clear we'll sign more and if we do are they going to be more inexperienced players or spares like the last three? The communication from the owner is nice, but as far as I'm concerned it's all talk until we see real intent with the playing staff.

And there's a whole month left of the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, BigJim said:

Doug, I'm sorry: it wasn't my intention to upset you or anybody else. But if you're only happy when everyone takes the same stance as you, perhaps a football message board is not the ideal place to hang out.

You don't need to apologise or patronise me. I'm simply stating my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was really looking forward to everyone pulling in the same direction for a change. I grew sick of being involved in such a miserable, stagnant football club. Unfortunately, nothing appears to have changed because far too many people have zero self control or patience. 

We wanted our Villa back. We got it back, together. Within a couple of months some are back to pissing and moaning again. It's your right to do so but I've had enough of it to be honest. Perhaps that's a problem with me.

Dave I sense your frustration mate but the overriding impression I get on this board and from the fan base in general is one of cautious optimism. You will always get extremes either way of course and those overly cautious and overly optimistic.

As for getting our Villa back I couldn't go as far to say that yet. I wanted change as much as anyone but for me it is too early to say if Xia can provide the means, be it wealth or where with all, that will ultimately lead to a much brighter future and seeing us again at least be competitive in the top flight.

If Xia delivers on his words we will be laughing but action always speaks far louder than words so we will see and what we do before September 1st will be a decent first indicator on what he can deliver. 

It is way too early to make definitive judgements yet though and I strongly believe patience is the key. Like a few of us on here I think promotion this season is a big ask. If we are to start to rid ourselves of the ghosts of last season though and not suffer any hangover we do need to see positive changes on the field not just off them.

I personally can't wait for the season to start as I am hopeful I will see us win more than we lose which will be a much welcome change.

13 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

As I've just posted in the Tony Xia thread, the guy has been here for 6 weeks and look what he's done already. If he can do all that from a standing start in 6 weeks, I'm confident that there's more he'll look to do in the next 5 weeks.

I've already said I accept I'm being impatient. I'm positive every transfer window, I just thought there would be more in transfers before the first game with millions to spend. I'm on holiday at the minute and I think it makes it worse that I'm sat here all day with nothing but VillaTalk to look at and nothing to distract me, apart from the bar, which I guess makes it worse. :)

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I've already said I accept I'm being impatient. I'm positive every transfer window, I just thought there would be more in transfers before the first game with millions to spend. I'm on holiday at the minute and I think it makes it worse that I'm sat here all day with nothing but VillaTalk to look at and nothing to distract me, apart from the bar, which I guess makes it worse. :)

Here's a novel thought, try enjoying your holiday ;)