Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, Zatman said:

Distin might not be player he was but his attitude and professionalism is top class compared to Richards

Yes, that's why I mentioned him. Always been a top professional, I'm just not sure if he has another year in him. Richard Dunne lasted forever in this league though. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, that's why I mentioned him. Always been a top professional, I'm just not sure if he has another year in him. Richard Dunne lasted forever in this league though. 

Dunne only played 1 season in Championship and is 2 years younger than Distin ;) 

Distin is a great guy, he was on talksport the other day and was talking about how the game has changed, how so much more is expected of defenders nowadays in terms of passing. Didn't sound like this heart was in it for another year.

I remember laughing when Moyes spent £5m on an aging Distin,, what a piece of business that was.

Anyone know if Alex Pritchard would be worth a punt? Never seen him play just saw he is to be sold by Spurs this summer. 

Tottenham are prepared to sell Alex Pritchard this summer and are asking for a fee in the region of £8m, according to Sky sources. 

It is understood that two Premier League clubs have shown interest in the attacker, while a host of Championship clubs would be keen to sign the 23-year-old.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10300265/alex-pritchard-looks-set-for-tottenham-exit

Also Tom Carroll is on a free ( we'll sort of) and so is Nick Powell. x3 young English players with great potential that could maybe add much needed creativity to our squad. 

• Like 1

8 is overpriced then again it spurs

They demand top dollar for their players but then they try and steal other players such as Grealish for a nominal fee

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I'd be very surprised if we spend £8m on a midfielder given we're in the Championship and that's one of the areas we actually have quite a lot of players in.

Obviously if we sell all of our players then maybe.

Really like Pritchard, don't understand why Spurs let him go to West Brom as you know what Pulis is like with ball playing CMs and predictably he hardly got a kick.

He was outstanding at Brentford two seasons back.

I think signings like him and Bamford and 2-3 older heads and that's a good mix for transfer activity.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be very surprised if we spend £8m on a midfielder given we're in the Championship and that's one of the areas we actually have quite a lot of players in.

Obviously if we sell all of our players then maybe.

I disagree £8mill out of a potential £50mill still leaves a good amount to play with. Plus our midfield is unbalanced and frankly shit. Veretout Gana Prit hard Grealish Traore is a strong & balanced midfield on paper. (Obviously we won't keep all of those just highlighting how one signing could make a difference to the balance of the team) 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I disagree £8mill out of a potential £50mill still leaves a good amount to play with. Plus our midfield is unbalanced and frankly shit. Veretout Gana Prit hard Grealish Traore is a strong & balanced midfield on paper. (Obviously we won't keep all of those just highlighting how one signing could make a difference to the balance of the team) 

I highly doubt we'll be spending £50m.

I'd be surprised if we spend £8m on anyone, let alone a midfielder.

• Like 1

Out of that post I saw Tom Carroll on a free, he's a yes from me, I saw Nick Powell on a free, more of a risk but again probably a yes if he isn't billy big bollocks over his wages, and then I saw a bloke who at 23 isn't a "kid" not really done anything, 4 prem games, 1 good season in the championship, for £8m...nah not for me

Whilst I think if there's money available then let's happily spend it I'm struggling to see how he's worth anywhere near that much and therefore a good buy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Our midfield is awful

I think it needs an older more experienced head in there like Barry 

We're more likely to spend money on someone like Barry (it won't be Barry) than an attacking mid imo.

Grealish, Gil, Gardner and Veretout could all be attacking mids for us in the Championship.

We probably won't keep all of them, and I'm not saying we won't add to them. I just don't think it will be an £8m player.

If Tony is serious then he will be spending top whack to secure the best players we can get, can see the championship transfer record going at least once - especially as we'll be bidding against NUFC.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Tony is serious then he will be spending top whack to secure the best players we can get, can see the championship transfer record going at least once - especially as we'll be bidding against NUFC.

We'll be spending money, but given how many players we'll need to buy, and the areas that need strengthening, any big money will be spent on strikers and centrebacks, imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

8m for one midfielder is madness for the championship...

Why? If the money's there through Dr X plus sales why not? Do you want us to stay in the championship ? Us and Newcastle easily will have the biggest budgets in the league and we should act accordingly. I'm not advocating wreckless spending beyond our means but if the money's there let's spend it.