limpid

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

I don't get why Garde is getting stick for Hutton being bad defensively, who else is he going to play there, Bacuna? Because that's no better.

And if we set up the whole team to cover our shit fullbacks, we have no numbers or threat going forward.

agree, its not like Hutton is getting done 2 on 1 all the time, which would suggest a tactical weakness. 

Its simply that Hutton is incapable of simply holding a position, and sticking close enough to his guy - if Hutton does his job we are not losing

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I don't get why you dislike Garde so much. What exactly is he meant to do? This isn't a team assembled by him. No manager on earth could get this team winning. There isn't much more he can do. These players lose before they even step on the pitch. That's just their mentality and also their level of ability.

What's the point in going to the hassle and expense o's replacing the management if nobody could improve on the previous team?

He got the job because he convince Randy and Co he could do better than TI'm Sherwood. I've seen nothing at all to suggest he has any idea how to change things at VP.

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

This thread is so depressing. Full of quitters and losers.

When was the last time we won a game after being 1 - 0 down

We can only play for 45 minutes we conceded at the end of stoppage time so have already technically lost

The team are the losers

3 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Bringing Traore on to the right wing is hardly going to give Hutton any more cover is it? And yeah Hutton's crosses haven't been great but at least he's giving it a go.

Can't bring Traore on, on the wing. Maybe up front with Ayew, but it would still be a gamble with his inexperience. But maybe that's all we have left.

Poor from Hutton out of position twice now and it could be 3/4 nil to them.  Their goalkeeper has not had a save to make and when they were down to 10 men we still laboured to do anything positive.  Gil on and gives the ball away with nearly his first touch, Bacuna is a car crash waiting to happen and Guzan looks headshot! 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What's the point in going to the hassle and expense o's replacing the management if nobody could improve on the previous team?

He got the job because he convince Randy and Co he could do better than TI'm Sherwood. I've seen nothing at all to suggest he has any idea how to change things at VP.

Nail + head. There indeed is no point. Sherwood deserved to go because of his bizarre comments, ridiculous interviews and refusal to pick players that were signed seemingly behind his back.

Garde is certainly more sensible and professional than Sherwood and that's a good thing. But until this team has been invested in and the whole structure of the top of the club changes, we're screwed regardless of who is in charge.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

When was the last time we won a game after being 1 - 0 down

We can only play for 45 minutes we conceded at the end of stoppage time so have already technically lost

The team are the losers

I think we're up to 29 straight defeats after being down at HT. Not even salvaged a point for over 2 years. 

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

Hutton doesn't need cover, he just need to stay where the **** he is. Why are most of our attacks coming through him, exactly the same as Sherwood??? This is a mug tactic which is OBVIOUSLY not working.

The major difference between the left and the right is that Bacuna has Ayew in front of him so doesn't push up, therefore there's nothing they can do to get in behind.

Hutton has no-one in front of him out wide so takes it on himself to be a wing back, which then leaves massive gaps behind him. Hutton shouldn't be pushing up, we should have someone in front of him, even Adama, just so Hutton doesn't feel he needs to be the winger all the time. Put Gil as a false 9 and try and play through them.

1 minute ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

I'm telling you we've got this. There are 45 minutes left.

Care to put your money where your fingers are? :)

I'll happily donate £20 to VT if we win (lol), if you'll do the same when we lose.

Edited by Davkaus