Is English Your Second Language?

HanoiVillan

Hello VT!

In my real life off here, I teach English to speakers of other languages. I'm currently writing an essay about using English on discussion websites like VillaTalk. 

Is English your second language? If it is, and you are happy to help me, please reply to this post, and I will PM you some questions about your experiences using this website. I'm afraid there is no reward, except helping another fan. However, you will make me very happy!

Thanks. 

A recent trip to Germany suggests that German taxi drivers, wc attendants and bar staff etc., also all have superior english language skills to most people I encountered in London before and after the trip.

Like a kidney stone removal tool, it was a bit of an eye opener.

• Like 1

I'm not really at liberty to help you but I have spoken my second language on Turkish forums.

I did encounter scorn at minor grammatical mistakes and have often been accused of insulting the turkish Republic because of it. But, that's turks for you. A completely different species.

Is this for your DELTA by the way?

Hello VT!

In my real life off here, I teach English to speakers of other languages. I'm currently writing an essay about using English on discussion websites like VillaTalk. 

Is English your second language? If it is, and you are happy to help me, please reply to this post, and I will PM you some questions about your experiences using this website. I'm afraid there is no reward, except helping another fan. However, you will make me very happy!

Thanks. 

Well you seem to need more Scandinavinas to answer your questions.

Are Scandinavians going to be any use?  They speak better English than English people.

Every person for whom English is a second language is useful, but it's true that I would ideally like a wider range of abilities and of first languages. 

I'm not really at liberty to help you but I have spoken my second language on Turkish forums.

I did encounter scorn at minor grammatical mistakes and have often been accused of insulting the turkish Republic because of it. But, that's turks for you. A completely different species.

Is this for your DELTA by the way?

It is indeed, yes. Bloody painful experience I don't mind telling you. 

Â