The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Rowett has done a great job at sha, unproven in the PL though so no way of knowing for certain that he would be an improvement in my opinion. Sherwood team even managed to beat his team earlier this season.

Moyes, yep he is proven in the top league and is undoubtably a safer bet than Garde. Whether he would join Villa is a big question, he didn't want to join when we were better placed, so I don't see why he would want to join now.

Pearson, Had a mixed bag last season. Looked certain for relegation before things turned around for him at Leicester. He had time, and backing on his side at Leicester, something Garde has not had here. 50/50 as to whether he would be a better manager in my opinion.

but we wont need Premier League experience next season ;)

though you could argue Howe, Sanchez Flores dont have any either and doing a fine job 

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Facts be hanged?  I haven't noticed us pulling any big spectacular names for quite a while.  

That's by choice of the board really.......... anyway, I thought Garde was a big name coming from Lyon, where he spectacularly got them to finish 5th in a team with only 3 decent sides

My saying we could attract no one better than Garde, was meant more in praise of Rémi than it was saying that we couldn't attract a good manager. I just happen to think he's the right fit for us at the moment. If he wants to stay I'd definitely persevere with him into next season.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but we wont need Premier League experience next season ;)

though you could argue Howe, Sanchez Flores dont have any either and doing a fine job 

You have misunderstood my point, I am not saying PL experience is essential, as there are lots of examples of managers coming in and doing well. I am just saying that Rowett would be another roll of the dice in my opinion. He may be great, but at the moment there is not any concrete evidence to suggest that he is an improvement on what we have so therefore a gamble. I guess you could say Everton took a chance on Moyes and it worked well for them, but equally we took a chance on Lambert and that didn't work so well for us. Although, It would be humourous to torpedo sha chances by nabbing their manager.

well Rowett has worked his way up the divisions since he was at Burton and he has done well at all levels so far. He probably has one of lowest budgets in Championship and has them on verge of play-offs

He wouldnt be a bad replacement

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Your last sentence is a valid point.

I guess the question from here is if the damage is done, will the "right time" for Garde come in the near future for us?

Personally, I'm reasonably confident that with a strong squad (which ours should be in the championship depending on what happens in the summer) Garde will do well for us.

In fact I'm confident that if he'd been here since July, even with this squad, we wouldn't be going down, but that ship has sailed.

I personally think Garde wont be here next season, if he sees this season out.    He seems to have the air of a man that has walked into something he just didn't expect and has zero idea how to turn it around.  We seem to get worse.  I agree we had a tiny little bit of form, but the fact is, he was bought into raise the current squad and help us survive, yes it was criminal we didn't strengthen in January, but still Garde should have got more out of this bunch............. We were I think 3 points from safety when he came in, and at one point we were 11 from safety...... the form table might say different but its not the form table anyone's interested in, its the league table and he's never once looked like hell drag us away from 20th spot.......... he hasn't raised a morsel out of the squad which for me says a lot about him as a manager, his backroom staff and the attitude of the squad.............  I was never convinced on Sherwood but at least he did what he was paid to do last season and keep us up................................. Whether we blame Garde or not, we will be relegated under his watch, and we have had a massive chunk of the season for him to attempt to turn us around.......................

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If Garde leaves then Patrick Vieira might be a good choice to replace him, if he'd come here. If Rémi does leave I do think we'll go for someone in a similar mould.

Replacing a inexperienced manager with another for me is a recipe for disaster. i would prefer Rowett or Pearson than someone with no experience in english football

I still think Remi is right man if given funds. He wanted Khazi and look how well he is doing at sunderland? YOu idiot Hollis and Fox

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If Garde leaves then Patrick Vieira might be a good choice to replace him, if he'd come here. If Rémi does leave I do think we'll go for someone in a similar mould.

Vieira is gone to New York on an apprenticeship that will lead him to the Man City job after Guardiola. He be mad to come here and ruin that

• Like 1

Sean Dyche and Mark Warburton would both be good choices - both young English coaches in the mould of Graham Taylor MK1. But would they work under Hollis and Lerner? We need somebody who is familiar with the league/promotion but can get the fans excited about the future. 

It will be Micky Adams or Gary Megson (somebody desperate for a job but proven in the Championship ages ago). I have premonitions of Brian Little standing in the dug out while we are slogging in league 1. 

Rowett might not be a terrible suggestion, but I can't see the club employing anyone from SHA after the last debacle (and to be honest, while there might be cosy conformity on this forum that he'd be decent, I'm willing to bet there'd be plenty of protests in the real world). 

24 minutes ago, useless said:

That man with no managerial experience whatsoever? Ffs.

29 minutes ago, useless said:

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

That man with no managerial experience whatsoever? Ffs.

He'd be a better option than someone like Nigel Pearson and some of the other names mentioned. And I'd say dismissing him just for not having 'no managerial experience whatsoever' is 'Sun reader mentality' if anything, or at least it's a very two dimensional way of looking at things.

Fox and Hollis should be asking Garde what his intentions are at the end of the season, if he is going to walk then they need to get someone who can take over and strike a deal for him to go now. At least give the next bloke the chance to assess the squad over the remainder of this season and work out who he wants to replace them with.

But this is AVFC under Fox, we will **** about and waste time and be totally unprepared come the start of next season.

56 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

We seem to get worse. 

This is where we fundamentally disagree.

I don't agree one bit that we get worse.

Yes the Liverpool game was a very bad performance. But in general the trend under Garde has been one of definite improvement, and that's what I think he should be judged on rather than the odd awful performance.

If he turns in a string of these between now and the end of the season then the point is more valid, imo. If we revert to the form we showed pre-Liverpool then we're on the right track.

• Like 2

Â