The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm pretty sure Sherwood signed off on the players too.

He did, I never said he didn't but it is well known the bulk were suggested alternatives. Sherwood had a go but grudgingly and it didn't last long until he gave up either, but the club should have realised Tim was not going to make that work, too one dimensional and too cockney to deal with a load of young upcoming overseas players. He was good with young english players and also with people with big ego's like his own. No coincidence Adebayor, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Richards all liked him all they all poses some form of massive bellendery 

5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

You can see the dilemma though - Sherwood would have been taking us back down the O'Neill route paying big fees and big wages for players with little resale value - which Lerner had no intention of doing. The option would have been to pay Tim a big bonus for keeping us up and then going and getting Garde in May and doing this type of recruitment with him signing each of them off.

Well Lerner does not want to pay wages now but in 3 years time when we are languishing in the championship and the parachute payments have gone he might look back and think it was a wank decision as I'm sure that will lose him more money in the long run

2 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

They didn't shake hands before hand onus was on Sam really, Remi then snubbed him at the end. In the grand scheme, mountains and molehills spring to mind. 

Thank you. Sounds like something and nothing.

I'd be very surprised if he's not here at the start of next season - the question is whether we'll have broken him by then.

• Like 1

He might be a decent manager, but this is a toxic situation for anyone. My fear is that we will break him and when we need to start well next season under Garde, we will fail to do so. And then get Neil Warnock type manager ( or even the man himself)  to play basic english football at a bargain basement price and chuck the Continental process in the bin again. Because I have no faith in the club in doing anything properly.

At the moment this side can't even beat an egg. I seriously think we won't win again this season and end up with less than 20 points.

How can any manager survive that even if he has potential to be good?

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

At the moment this side can't even beat an egg. I seriously think we won't win again this season and end up with less than 20 points.

How can any manager survive that even if he has potential to be good?

Fair question. The club signed him up with a fair suspicion that we might go down, I don't think they expected to go down with such a lack of fight though. Having **** 3 put past us by the 19th team in the league says it all really.

I wonder what the score would have been if we sacked Sherwood a week earlier and Allardyce was in our dugout instead.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fair question. The club signed him up with a fair suspicion that we might go down, I don't think they expected to go down with such a lack of fight though. Having **** 3 put past us by the 19th team in the league says it all really.

I wonder what the score would have been if we sacked Sherwood a week earlier and Allardyce was in our dugout instead.

The club have not done one thing right since 2010. Seven years of shit. Not one thing. The cup final run was a glorious fluke.

You can't blame Garde for too much, but if he carries on like this he is barely doing even better than the last days of Tactics Tim.

When the highlight of you reign so far is 2 back to draws, you know it's bad.

Wycombe have to be favorites to beat us next week, live on TV as well. Great!!! I love it!!!

Edited by The Fun Factory

16 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

FGS.

They didn't shake hands before hand onus was on Sam really, Remi then snubbed him at the end. In the grand scheme, mountains and molehills spring to mind. 

I still got a feeling he may leave or be pushed out this weekend. 

I think that's extremely weak and over sensitive on behalf of Garde.

To be honest, the way we play, seems to be a reflection of how Garde is, weak. 

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think that's extremely weak and over sensitive on behalf of Garde.

To be honest, the way we play, seems to be a reflection of how Garde is, weak. 

I don't really see what makes Garde "weak"? You could point to the performances but they were weak well before he arrived. In fact, the team's been weak all over for years.

Is it because he isn't a shouty arrogant word removed like Sherwood?

• Like 1

Way out of his depth, cannot organise doe's not take control, just a doormat to me and the coaching at villa is non existent. The worst team in along time of poor defence lightweight midfield and powder puff attack. Total clear out of playing staff, so called coaching  staff and management. Tony pulis looks like a genius  compared  to this set up.

He might as well just admit we are down now. At least if it's acknowledged the players might play with some sense of freedom and not be paralysed by the fear of yet another loss. 

Feel sorry for garde. I wonder if he knew what he was getting himself into.

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

An opinion of his demeanour, the way the team has been set up in games , a judge of character. Normal stuff that we have to base opinions on when we don't know someone

What like Lambert?! Garde has shown more spine than he did with the players.

• Like 1

Â