The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Having watched the game today (especially the period after we equalised) I lay the blame purely on the players.

Garde will not have told them to dilly dally on the ball at the back, make stupid short passes to one another in their own box and not close down their attack. It was match suicide and all of our own doing.

The three Sunderland goals were all errors on the players behalves. They are utter dross and don't deserve to wear the shirt.

Garde has rightly come in for some flak - his record is abysmal but look what he's been saddled with. He probably never had the dressing room to lose, only the small minority appear interested.

Garde comes across as a genuine and articulate man, my only fear is, he's not ruthless enough to manage a club in a tailspin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blaizend said:

BREAKING: Remi Garde fails to brief media after Sunderland game. Unconfirmed reports of a confrontation in the dressing room. #AVFCAVFC.png

Except he did brief the media. Said we needed more quality and to win a few games we'll need one, two or three players.

But kinda wish it was a true story, but doubt any of them care that much. 

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

well said Mark,

You have stolen my thoughts.

I would not blame Remi Garde for this, would you?.....

Not for a second. I do however believe it was possible to bring in a manager that could have done better with this squad. If it wasn't then there was little point in replacing the previous manager.

Fans can talk about Remi starting next season regardless of what happens during this one but be under no illusions though this will all have a massive impact him on him as a manager and will scar him. I don't know where a win is coming from under him. I said a few days ago given our desperate need if we can't get a win against the 17th, 18th and 19th placed sides, when we played them, then who will we beat.

The board can't have thought the day they sacked Sherwood 10 games later we would have 4 more points, have gone from 19th to 20th and from 4 points from safety to 11. Neither could any fan. Despite what he inherited this isn't a free pass for Garde. His record before he arrived doesn't come close to warranting that level of faith in him. Nothing I have seen so far gives me any optimism that he could bring us back up. That doesn't mean I am writing him off by the way I am just not prepared to go out on a limb and say I am happy to let him be our manager next season based on zero evidence, so far, that he'd warrant the job.

• Like 2

i genuinely don't think we'll win another game all season, there is no confidence, no quality, no drive and I don't know if that is down to Garde, but there is a cancer throughout the club and nothing will change that.

I really thought things would change under Garde but I think they've got worse, not sure that is even down to him, things were broken well before he arrived.

• Like 1

I'm still not sure what to make of Remi, however, given the shower of shit than he has inherited, I would like him to be given the chance to bring us back. 

He has shown that he won't suffer fools, and there are an awful lot of fools that need kicking out. 

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

I think he maybe going..

Doubt it. I'd be absolutely staggered if he isn't our Manager next season. 

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

i genuinely don't think we'll win another game all season, there is no confidence, no quality, no drive and I don't know if that is down to Garde, but there is a cancer throughout the club and nothing will change that.

I really thought things would change under Garde but I think they've got worse, not sure that is even down to him, things were broken well before he arrived.

I think the problem lies in that a lot of the squad was pro Sherwood but the new summer recruits did not get on with him and vice versa, we bought in a french speaking manager to protect Randy's summer investment and now they are happy and the pro Sherwood mob are causing problems and don't give a **** about Garde, Ray and Duverne etc.

That's what I think anyway, it's an unhappy camp and people have stopped trying

• Like 1

Â