Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

Guzan is far from crap. His biggest weakness is his distribution but you can't fault him as a shot stopper. I hope Mandanda coming in will provide competition for him and not signal the end of his VP career.

I can and I do. 

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

Guzan is far from crap. His biggest weakness is his distribution but you can't fault him as a shot stopper. I hope Mandanda coming in will provide competition for him and not signal the end of his VP career.

I can and I do. 

• Like 1

Mandanda is 30, Toulalan is 32....their age is a concern, maybe not so for the GK position but as DM does Toulalan have the legs for the premiership? have never seen him play to be honest

At this point worrying about things like price and age are foolhardy. In fact, we need 3/4 experienced, hard working pro's more than anything else. Because Richards aside, the hard working pro's we do have simply aren't good enough.

Sanchez has a good game once every 5 or so games. Unfortunately, even with Bacuna at left back and Scott Sinclair apparently being on the pitch, I always feel Sanchez is our weakest player.

I hope someone like Toulalan does come in and sure up that part of the pitch. Unfortunately Sanchez is just the smelliest log in the bowl. Still others that need changing for me.

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Linked to Dennis Praet again, don't see the point when we have Adama 

play different positions, though doubt we be interested since I think was between signing him and Veretout in summer

Looking at some of the names over the last couple of pages, 

Khari

Naismith

Praet

Remy

Mandanda

Toulalan

All players I'd love to see at Villa park, but I can't help thinking they are very ambitious for a club currently adrift at the foot of the table. 

When this has been suggested over the last few pages I've seen the sentence "money talks", very true of course, but there is nothing to suggest (given the last 5yrs) that our Chairman will go down that route. 

It goes without saying that I really hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

As much as I like Praet I don't want to see Summer links coming back up again because I don't want the same people choosing those players to be doing it again in January.

but Tim is gone ;)

Bajen Goalkeeper completely ready for Aston Villa

Viktor Johansson, who appeared in a few Superettan match troops in 2014, moved in July the same year to Birmingham and the Premier League club Aston Villa FC. Now the transition is formally quite ready for the 17-year-old goalkeeper talent. - Viktor contributed in many ways to Årsta and wish him all the luck in England, says Hammarby Academy goalkeeper coach Gustav Schultz.

Gustav, tell us about your time with Viktor mentee.
- Viktor was on the goalkeeper's Day at Årsta when he was little knodd, even then we noticed that he was a warm and helpful guy who wanted to be in the center but also always thought of all of others. By Viktor's father played with one of our academy coaches came about that he started training with Hammarby in 2010 when he was twelve years old, but he played left in Stuvsta IF while he trained twice a week with us, an arrangement that continued for another year. - From the first practice, it was a job to get Victor to choose Hammarby. It was well and weighed little between us and AIK, but I and Johan Warehouses worked hard for it, and in 2014, when Viktor turned 14, he moved to Hammarby permanent. Then he belonged mainly P97-team, that is, those who were a year older. Already in the autumn, he debuted in the Boy Allsvenskan, away against Jönköping Södra, and stood for a few more matches during the year. And then it became more test games in England. - Yes, in 2013 it began to roll off, and after that Viktor visited the Aston Villa first time I was and he was at Everton for a ride before we went to the Villa together. He came with the Elite Boys Camp during the year, and also made his debut in the boy's team against Finland. In the autumn he was unfortunately a lot of injury problems with his back and stressfakturer. And how did your collaboration like? - In the beginning it was Viktor's position play that we worked the most with, and when it began to sit well focus was on the air game, because we saw a lace capacity and potential that he could master it. Viktor has always been a very good match goalkeeper - when the referee blows he has always kindled started. With back problems we had to put together a periodization that suited him, a special training then. We had to work very close together to find the right way for Viktor, but as soon as a match was started, it was something special about him. - After playing the Gothia Cup with Tipselit team became the then Aston Villa from the end of July 2014. When he moved over there was matching in their under-16 team in the Premier League's training series, with unofficial matches. When he turned 16 and moved up to the U18 team was found the worries of stress fractures which he is now starting to come back in earnest from. Viktor has been an asset to the academy, not least because he is a very good and caring person who always was positive and contributed in many ways down the Årsta. I and Hammarby Football would really wish Viktor good luck in Aston Villa

One signing in ;) 

http://www.hammarbyfotboll.se/Article.aspx?id=cbeb513c-d4b3-48dc-ae9f-5f29a3fe3329

The loan market is where we'll win/lose this battle. No decent players will come to villa on a permanent deal for obvious reasons.

Good players on loan, with a point prove without the worry of having to move again the summer is what might, just might get us out. 

This is where managers & directors earn their multimillion pound paychecks.