Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly how I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Mandanda would be an upgrade on GUzan, but I think other areas of the pitch would have a bigger impact on the team.

I will welcome Mandanda though. A good player.

My feelings exactly. And Villan4Life, way to overgeneralize man. I'm an ardent supporter of the USMNT and I can tell you that I am in complete agreement that Guzan has not been good enough for awhile now. I know plenty of other fans like myself that are of the same opinion. Internet comments are the last place you should be referring to make a point. 

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

Can we not send scouts further than France?

Well, that policy has benefited us so much already so why not continue it?

But seriously, if they are good enough then fine, but we absolutely need to get some more experienced, tougher characters into this first team.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

If the links to Wahbi khazi and Stephen Naismith are correct, it would seem that the Manager has identified the left side of attack as a priority, this hopefully spells the end for Sinclair and strengthens the rumours that Gabby may be on his way out. 

It would also suggest he sees Ayew a central striker, hopefully that doesn't mean we won't be seeing a CF arrive in Next month 

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Mandanda is 30, Toulalan is 32....their age is a concern, maybe not so for the GK position but as DM does Toulalan have the legs for the premiership? have never seen him play to be honest

people said same about Cambiasso last season, havent seen Toulalan play in a while but I thought he was very good around 07-11 and probably could have went better than Malaga

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Toulalan would be a great signing, he's a leader and would do a much better job than Sanchez.

Thats true, when I look at Sanchez he doesnt look like a leader. he looks like a quiet kind of person. We need leaders now not players like snachez

Toulalan would be a great signing, he's a leader and would do a much better job than

Sanchez.

At Lyon, Garde apparently relied on Gonolons to anchor the midfield and managed to get the best out of him. It's an important position to Garde.

Sanchez is wasteful with the ball, he looks almost good enough for us, but gets tired after 70 minutes and gives the ball away cheaply. I personally think he's awful.

I've not watched Toulalan play for years, but in his prime he was excellent and would be huge improvement on anyone in our midfield if he still maintains those levels.

Just the small matter of whether we can afford him and whether he is willing to play here.

• Like 1