Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

33 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That statement from Tom Fox cracks me up. "He has the Chairman's ear and support". Does he mean Lerner or the planned replacement? Also, Garde doesn't want his ear or support, he wants his money. 

960.jpg

On 12/17/2015 at 11:04, John said:

I felt that as well. So they told him where he thought he needed to strengthen, told him he was wrong in some of these cases which he told them he thought he had not been and then they told him what players he could actually have?

Sounds like there was a whole lot of mind reading, subliminal persuasion and Vulcan mind melding going on. I guess Derren Brown and Spock were invited to the meeting? ;)    

The word "we" in the quote you're referencing includes the manager. They didn't tell Sherwood anything. They, as a group, decided the transfers.

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

Unsubstantiated rumours in West London, that we're sniffing around Brentford's keeper (who is very good, btw).

wasnt he a Sherwood link from last summer as well. Think he is an ex Spurs youth player

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

wasnt he a Sherwood link from last summer as well. Think he is an ex Spurs youth player

There was talk then but from what I understand, this is more recent interest.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The word "we" in the quote you're referencing includes the manager. They didn't tell Sherwood anything. They, as a group, decided the transfers.

I was not there so I can only guess that they told him some things, he told them some things and the club then reached a decision on who we would try to sign and who we would not. 

• Like 1

Nick Powell anyone? He's s  Villa fan, he only has 6 months left on his contract so should be cheap. He had a touch of class about him at Crewe, lost his way at UTD. He just needs to (apparently) sort out his work ethic/attitude and get over his injuries. I'd say he is worth a punt though and If we do go down a handy player to have next year in the championship or whatever they are calling it this season. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2015 at 18:46, maqroll said:

I think we need a bit of luck to kickstart the revival. A fluke win on a fluke goal, anything to get some momentum going. If Swansea, Sunderland, Norwich and even Chelsea continue to struggle, then there is still light ahead, an opening...it's possible to do this. Cue The Great Escape song...

I know what you mean, but I think we do get luck now and again.

We had a bit of luck signing Benteke, but we don't build upon it, we just sit on are laurels and wallow in him keeping us up and retort with its hard to find them.

Life is hard....Man up Aston Villa.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

and we know all that do we?

How do we know it was'nt  just "fait accompli" and that in order to keep his job he reluctantly accepted it. I've done it,I'll bet many have.

you can see what happens when you want to tell it like you think it is " my work is being betrayed" bye bye.

I am not saying that managers are not culpable in some ways.....but also do think they are " hung out to dry" at times.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

and we know all that do we?

How do we know it was'nt  just "fait accompli" and that in order to keep his job he reluctantly accepted it. I've done it,I'll be many have.

you can see what happens when you want to tell it like you think it is " my work is being betrayed" bye bye.

I am not saying that managers are not culpable in some ways.....but also do think they are " hung out to dry" at times.

I don't know any of that. I was clarifying what the quote was saying.

John had interpreted it incorrectly, imo.

Whether you choose to believe what Fox is saying or not is a different issue.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know any of that. I was clarifying what the quote was saying.

John had interpreted it incorrectly, imo.

Whether you choose to believe what Fox is saying or not is a different issue.

I simply don't know, what to believe.

But I do know, that even when people say things.....They sometimes say what they say, to suit the conditions.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, avfctom89 said:

Cissokho, Townsend , Austin and a new CM anyone ?

We already have a crap left back who can't defend

we already have wingers that dont' create anything

Austin has come out saying he isn't going anywhere in Jan

I don't think CM is really our priority at present

so , put me down as a maybe  :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't think CM is really our priority at present

I just can't agree with this statement, there is no way we can continue with Sanchez, Veretout, Westood, Gueye and Gardner.

They are all atrocious

• Like 1

We desperately need a decent and reliable replacement for Sanchez. He just doesn't isn't good enough for this league imo.   

Veretout & Gueye are new to the League so deserve this season before being completely written off. Westwood has performed solidly and admirably, play him in the right games with the right players and he is more than good enough for our squad. Gardener-gutted for the had but it seems injuries have robbed him of his chance. 

Im not up to date with the current football manager so can't pluck a name out of head for a realistic DM but surely there has to someone who is an upgrade on Sanchez who is obtainable? 

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We desperately need a decent and reliable replacement for Sanchez. He just doesn't isn't good enough for this league imo.   

Veretout & Gueye are new to the League so deserve this season before being completely written off. Westwood has performed solidly and admirably, play him in the right games with the right players and he is more than good enough for our squad. Gardener-gutted for the had but it seems injuries have robbed him of his chance. 

Im not up to date with the current football manager so can't pluck a name out of head for a realistic DM but surely there has to someone who is an upgrade on Sanchez who is obtainable? 

Kara Mbodj ;)