The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Imagine the absolute meltdown in the press if it instead said:

Spoiler

Corbyn has been divorced twice, and conceived a daughter during an extramarital relationship.

Corbyn also has four adult children with his second wife, Jill Bloggs, and his daughter from his extramarital relationship. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hide contents

Corbyn has been divorced twice, and conceived a daughter during an extramarital relationship.

Corbyn also has four adult children with his second wife, Jill Bloggs, and his daughter from his extramarital relationship. 

The dirty old communist 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Standard for Old lefties. Corbyn's a bit strange in that dept because he ahs been married three times but only has kids to one of them

Corbyn lives in the Finsbury Park area of London.[535][536] He has been married three times and divorced twice, and has three sons with his second wife.[537] In 1974, he married his first wife, Jane Chapman, a fellow Labour Councillor for Haringey and now a professor at the University of Lincoln.[24] They divorced in 1979.[538]

In 1987, Corbyn married Chilean exile Claudia Bracchitta, granddaughter of Ricardo Bracchitta (Consul-General of Spain in Santiago), with whom he has three sons. He missed his youngest son's birth as he was lecturing National Union of Public Employees members at the same hospital

Wiki

So yeah just imagine

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hide contents

Naughty.

I just had the latest yougov survey

22 September 2021 

Do you think that Boris Johnson is doing well or badly as Prime Minister?

Badly 👎

📊 58% of people think Boris Johnson is doing badly as Prime Minister, according to the latest YouGov tracker. 35% think he is doing well and 8% said they don’t know.

35% think he’s doing a good job. 

Just now, Genie said:

B8-A8-B4-E5-D06-E-4439-B6-D4-487-DC86-C4

Slightly unrelated comment, but:

I wasn't alive in the 70s, so I have no first-hand knowledge, and maybe they were awful to live through, but from statistics they really don't seem that bad. I guess they weren't great for asset-rich people.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Slightly unrelated comment, but:

I wasn't alive in the 70s, so I have no first-hand knowledge, and maybe they were awful to live through, but from statistics they really don't seem that bad. I guess they weren't great for asset-rich people.

Me neither, it is “funny” how pretty much all the reasons not to vote for Labour are landing following a landslide victory for the Conservatives.

But what if Corbyn got into power? What if indeed. I’m not a big fan of the phrase “it couldn’t be worse…” but I do struggle to think how another set of experienced politicians could have done a worse job.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Me neither, it is “funny” how pretty much all the reasons not to vote for Labour are landing following a landslide victory for the Conservatives.

But what if Corbyn got into power? What if indeed. I’m not a big fan of the phrase “it couldn’t be worse…” but I do struggle to think how another set of experienced politicians could have done a worse job.

What it looks like to me is that wealthy people have won (nearly?) every single macroeconomic battle in British politics since Callaghan was elected, and that guiding the British public to look back with contempt on an era when the majority of the population were making significant gains in their living standards has necessitated a sustained effort to highlight the bad or inconvenient things about the era through the media, of which these headlines (every bad thing is a 'return to the 70s') are an example.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

I look forward to the polling gains reported by the Tories presiding over petrol shortages, food shortages, rocketing energy costs and a tax increase.

CON + infinity

I’ve listened to BBC R4 twice today for a total of about 15 minutes.

On both occasions, on two different programmes, they reminded me that we had fuel shortages and tanker driver strikes under the last Labour government.

It sounds a bit tinfoil hat, but I’m really beginning to feel there has been a complete takeover. 

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve listened to BBC R4 twice today for a total of about 15 minutes.

On both occasions, on two different programmes, they reminded me that we had fuel shortages and tanker driver strikes under the last Labour government.

It sounds a bit tinfoil hat, but I’m really beginning to feel there has been a complete takeover. 

No I'm not sure that's tin foil hat these days. The BBC, in its news output, used to be the voice of the middle of the road establishment. But now it's increasingly a Tory mouthpiece. They installed friendly suits at the top and the voice changed.

What's particularly annoying about this is that when this was mainly focused on attacking the Labour party, this was hand waved and pooh-poohed because it tied into aims aligned with particular viewpoints - my enemy's enemy. Now all the arguments have been accepted.

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In the late seventies I was in my twenties. I can't say Jim was doing a good job running the country. Winter of Discontent

The Winter of Discontent took place during 1978–79 in the United Kingdom. It was characterised by widespread strikes by private, and later public, sector trade unions demanding pay rises greater than the limits Prime Minister James Callaghan and his Labour Party government had been imposing, against Trades Union Congress (TUC) opposition, to control inflation. 

Edited by fruitvilla

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

At what point is the bullying clown going to ‘personally take charge’?

We always get to that stage in every one of his **** ups, it must be coming soon.

Here you go. Boris to save Christmas 

9-E57-BD87-E4-F5-45-FF-A3-D1-23-B472-AD3

3 cheers for Boris! For he’s a jolly good fellow…

😠

• Like 1

Â