The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Now deleted tweets from before she spotted a route for career progression.

Her flip from Remain to Hard Leave would have had Olga Korbut seething with envy

Essentially she thought she'd picked the winning side, she was unfortunately wrong and just chose to go down the other path as hard as she could

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

Rejoice Tory Brexit! There it is in a newspaper! This is the team to deliver!

:crylaugh:Is it sinking in yet?

Tbh I think vast swathes of the country have actually tuned out of anything he says but actually just expect him to lie and they'll still vote for him

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

If he's levelling up the whole country, everyone moves up a level and the gaps remain the same. Nothing actually changes

Sounds like he’s covering his arse when people question why so much money is still going into the south east. 

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tbh I think vast swathes of the country have actually tuned out of anything he says but actually just expect him to lie and they'll still vote for him

That's a given.

The post was more about the opinions of the wealthy, that bank in tax havens, that own our media.

Though that headline is not really an opinion, it's more a blatant lie to comfort the dolts.

*  Bungalow Liz to the rescue!

Lap it up, you witless pricks.

* Nowt up top ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The key to understanding this IMO is remembering that it's just some shit they say, not an actual plan to do very much.

I hope he gets pulled up on it (I won’t hold my breath) because for a long time the sound bite was to level up the north with the south… now he’s saying he’s levelling up the whole country like it’s better than just doing 1 region. 

Somebody please ask him how levelling up the whole country works.

Just now, Genie said:

I hope he gets pulled up on it (I won’t hold my breath) because for a long time the sound bite was to level up the north with the south… now he’s saying he’s levelling up the whole country like it’s better than just doing 1 region. 

Somebody please ask him how levelling up the whole country works.

The problem is that everyone understood 'levelling up' to be referring to the north, and then they won a by-election in Hartlepool and lost one in Amersham, and it became clear that southerners were in danger of understanding 'levelling up' as 'taking our stuff and giving it to northerners' which they obviously hated. Hence we get 'levelling up everywhere'. But as I say, there wasn't really a plan before, and there is even less of one now.

• Like 4

They do have plans to redistribute funding, but they'll be like the 'extra' monies for the NHS.

A further privatised NHS that is. So their chums get the extra funding and services deteriorate as the private companies seek year on year growth.

You also have to balance any redistribution against: Covid loans, HS2 overspend, Brexit damage to agriculture and industry (see O'Brien vs Rees Mogg), the future job market being affected by AI and automated services... yada yada.

Â