The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I only just got round go finding this video after I heard them laughing about it on the radio this morning.

Matt Hancock candidly chatting to his constituents :lol: 

and an even funnier version (has an f word in it)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The army on stand by to deliver fuel, is there no crisis they can’t help resolve? 

*waves flag proudly out of the window

Best in the world, mate.

It's just another “look we're doing something” empty gesture, file under suspending competition rules so Shell can deliver to BP garages. Neither of those things will happen or make any difference

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's just another “look we're doing something” empty gesture, file under suspending competition rules so Shell can deliver to BP garages. Neither of those things will happen or make any difference

They won't actually do anything until people stop blaming each other for panicking. They can blame the unwashed masses for now. It's not like the Tories knew there was a massive shortfall of HGV drivers even before Brexit, and did nothing about it. Oh, wait a minute...

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

file under suspending competition rules so Shell can deliver to BP garages. 

I don't think that's the intention, it's more that they're now allowed to openly communicate about where they do and don't have supply so they can try to spread the load somewhat and prioritise deliveries in areas which are completely empty among different suppliers. Whether that's actually happening, who knows.

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I only just got round go finding this video after I heard them laughing about it on the radio this morning.

Matt Hancock candidly chatting to his constituents :lol: 

Not a lot of people know this, but that music is playing in the background wherever Matt Hancock goes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think that's the intention, it's more that they're now allowed to openly communicate about where they do and don't have supply so they can try to spread the load somewhat and prioritise deliveries in areas which are completely empty among different suppliers. Whether that's actually happening, who knows.

How long do you imagine that would actually take? It's just in my mind, it'll take a lot longer to organise than this stupidity at the pumps will last. I just don't see how all the players get to share this information and then organise in this in say less than two weeks

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

How long do you imagine that would actually take? It's just in my mind, it'll take a lot longer to organise than this stupidity at the pumps will last. I just don't see how all the players get to share this information and then organise in this in say less than two weeks

I have absolutely no idea tbh. There's no system in place  to collaborate on this at the national level, but perhaps there could be some local info sharing and feed it back up?

It's a joke that the government are putting the army on standby as a "precaution". Surely the point of precautions is to take them beforehand...what we need now is just regular old...cautions.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I have absolutely no idea tbh. There's no system in place  to collaborate on this at the national level, but perhaps there could be some local info sharing and feed it back up?

It's a joke that the government are putting the army on standby as a "precaution". Surely the point of precautions is to take them beforehand...what we need now is just regular old...cautions.

I just see both of them as the government saying they will do something that they know will have zero effect as this will all be over very quickly

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I assume the point is not for the army to do anything, just for the announcement to make it seem like everything is under control so people stop panic-fuelling. 

Had to go to SEVEN different forecourts last night before I found one that wasn't manic or closed.

Asda at Minworth. Five minute wait but only £30's worth allowed.

Both stations near us in Dordon were closed last night but I had an inkling they would have an early hours delivery.

Went out in the wife's car at 4am, Dordon had one of two open and no limit to the amount.

The light was on on the wife’s car, it dawned on me that i’d end up doing all the school runs and driving her all over the place until she filled up.

Popped out at 10 last night, nearest garage had fuel, and no other customers. £20 in and she’s now sorted for a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume the point is not for the army to do anything, just for the announcement to make it seem like everything is under control so people stop panic-fuelling. 

I'm not sure it's that thought out, I think it's just say something so it looks like we're doing something

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The local press having live updates of which petrol stations in the area are getting deliveries is certainly helping matters. Absolute arseholes.

They know perfectly well what they are doing, more clicks, more money and sod the consequences. It's in their interests to keep this going as long as they can for the extra clicks

Arseholes is too polite

Â