The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Some of the images this morning of Sunak looking glum in the pouring rain and what I imagine is a very expensive suit that's now totally ruined is absolutely glorious.

Is there a better metaphor for this shower?

Yep, the timing and location and staging were entirely of his choosing, and he managed this image:

spacer.png

…and went on to use the platform to try and claim the others didn’t have a plan.

It looked tired and sad and the end of the line. I suspect Labour’s main problem will be voter complacency as they all presume there’s going to be a landslide.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, the timing and location and staging were entirely of his choosing, and he managed this image:

spacer.png

…and went on to use the platform to try and claim the others didn’t have a plan.

It looked tired and sad and the end of the line. I suspect Labour’s main problem will be voter complacency as they all presume there’s going to be a landslide.

Disagree. I think the overwhelming reaction of the public is "thank god". I personally can't wait to get to the ballot box and get this lot out. Literally nothing works in the country anymore. Nothing. There's a mood of change in the public and the Tories can't possibly paint themselves as "change candidates".

In my opinion Labours main problem will be in the weeks after the election where people expect them to do something to fix this catasptrophe and it's going to take a lot of time they wont be given, a lot of money they don't have, and a lot of original thinking which it they appear not to posess.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

He didn’t have the foresight to grab or ask for an umbrella, and nobody in number 10 offered him one. 

Absolute shit show.

The Russians know it’s a window falling out of offence not to have one ready

moscow-russia-15th-july-2018-soccer-worl

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That rain and song bombing definitely killed all momentum that announcement was meant to start. 

perfect

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91tl38tqalna1qqlzyyv

The utter stupidity to make such a big announcement outside in the rain, open to the noise from the street really does sum the last 14 years up (particularly the last 8).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The election announcement has really crystalised my own thoughts on who to vote for and the motivation to get them out means I'll vote for whoever it takes to punish them, even if I don't like Starmer or the Greens etc. I feel that sort of annoyance will overide complacency at the ballot box.

I think it's definitely the way to do it. Get this lot out and give the next lot hell once they're in.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

Haha, I went to that tap room a few weeks ago - can't imagine turning up to see that lot there, looks like they haven't even given their man in Wales a seat.

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

VOG, and Wales in general could get a bit more interesting than it looked a few months ago.

Whilst they should be separate entities they never will be and the labour government have made a whole series of mis steps over the last months.

The 20mph thing was really badly mis handled, they pissed off the facebook Karens, now they are rowing back on it, which is annoying me. They were going to revise the housing rates system to help the poorer communities, now they’ve decided they wont. They have a new First Minister, it turns out he accepted and spent campaign money from a convicted criminal. Criticism of the First Minister has been dismissed as racist. They have decided that whilst there isn’t sufficient money for schools, or to fix the roof on the National Museum, or to maintain a full time Welsh National Opera, there is sufficient money to significantly expand their own building and have more politicians. But they are going to change the way we vote, so you don’t get to vote for an individual, you get to vote for a list and they decide who will represent us.

They’ve had a really bad few months.

Still, having said all that, really good to see my MP in that photo. Rumour was he died or left the country a couple of years ago.

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Still, having said all that, really good to see my MP in that photo. Rumour was he died or left the country a couple of years ago.

Top Cat?

Lunchtime on the first day of the election campaign, and three more Tory MPs already thrown in the towel today (Jo Churchill, James Grundy, Eleanor Laing).

Another minor issue with the unexpected election announcement is that they now have a desperate scrabble around for candidates, and won't have time to do much in the way of background checks.

And I'm pretty certain that anyone wanting to stand this late in the day for both main parties could well be the sort of person whose social media profiles will have a few hand grenades in them waiting for the pin to be pulled out...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Haha, I went to that tap room a few weeks ago - can't imagine turning up to see that lot there, looks like they haven't even given their man in Wales a seat.

Literally can't organise a pissup in a brewery

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

Weird you post this because I literally said the same to my Mrs this morning when she asked why he couldn't just have a brolly and I said "everyone remembers Steve McLaren". The guy has literally ruined brollies for people in positions of power in this country.

• Haha 1

The Express got behind Sunak today.

A list of the Express readership would be akin to a holy grail for telephone scammers.

• Haha 3

Â