The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

58 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Even Rishi has been coming out with the Bold Strategy of saying that these results mean Labour might only get a hung parliament. Not only is it a massive lie, it's a comment that exclusively benefits Labour as it will prevent complacency. There is literally nothing the Tories could gain from saying this.

At this point that the Tories have just resorted to saying literally anything to get them from one news cycle to the next, no matter how bizarre or damaging.

Yep, I don’t see even the slightest shred of evidence for the claim. It just isn’t there.

I think it’s a tactic to try and get their “voters on strike” out to vote and to pull votes back from Reform. They seem to think that voter apathy only affected them and that simply isn’t true, some areas of Liverpool had a turnout of around 20% for the mayoral election and they definitely weren’t stay at home Tories. Turnout was low everywhere.

Their stay at home voters are just as likely to be voting Labour / Reform / LibDem at the General Election as they are genuine stay at home Tories. They are also very likely to make up a large proportion of he don’t know cohort in the polls.

The longer this goes on now, the lower their vote share will be

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The council elections can be skewed by the number of local independents, who polled over 20% nationally.That figure will not be matched in a General election . The most telling vote was the by election in Blackpool South, a 26% swing to Labour. Those figures are being mirrored pretty much at every Westminster by election for the last 12 months.The people want them out, in large numbers.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

The people want them out, in large numbers.

I think the only thing funnier than a complete Tory annihilation would be a complete Tory annihilation that they don't think is about to happen. 

• Like 4

I think the problem for tories trying to rustle up their core demographic is that there is no message that will get the dead to vote. Not now they’ve introduced voter ID.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think the problem for tories trying to rustle up their core demographic is that there is no message that will get the dead to vote. Not now they’ve introduced voter ID.

They tried their damnedest - seniors' bus passes qualify, young people's bus passes don't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

They tried their damnedest - seniors' bus passes qualify, young people's bus passes don't. 

Is that true? I didn't really get the ID thing but if that's for real, that's mental

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Is that true? I didn't really get the ID thing but if that's for real, that's mental

It’s true. The whole voter ID thing was designed so that it was easier for older people to vote with ID than younger people. Guess which demographic votes Tory. It was an attempt to suppress the votes of the demographic that largely doesn’t vote Tory.

But guess what, it backfired because young people tend to have ID, passports, driving licences etc, because they have to show them regularly to get into clubs, get served alcohol etc. Young people are also by and large less forgetful.

Its so far completely backfired on them

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

people are also by and large less forgetful.

Oh come on, it could happen to anyone 

33HW7BT-preview.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

We don’t just throw this shit together.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well, I suspect that was a stunt. Typical Johnson

That was the first thing I thought, he’s a dangerous clown, not an actual idiot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It’s true. The whole voter ID thing was designed so that it was easier for older people to vote with ID than younger people. Guess which demographic votes Tory. It was an attempt to suppress the votes of the demographic that largely doesn’t vote Tory.

But guess what, it backfired because young people tend to have ID, passports, driving licences etc, because they have to show them regularly to get into clubs, get served alcohol etc. Young people are also by and large less forgetful.

Its so far completely backfired on them

I did not know that. What a bunch of snide weasels.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

That was the first thing I thought, he’s a dangerous clown, not an actual idiot.

I'm quite at peace considering him all of those things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I'm quite at peace considering him all of those things.

100%. He is both an idiot and a dangerous clown (as is Trump).

Hmmm... (warning, its the Sun)

First ever migrant sent to Rwanda lying low while luxury accommodation paid for with taxpayers’ money remains empty

THE first migrant sent to Rwanda was lying low last night while luxury accommodation paid for with millions of UK taxpayers’ money remained empty.

The failed asylum seeker agreed to be deported as part of a voluntary scheme ahead of the forced removals. 

But he was nowhere to be seen at Hope Hostel in the capital of Kigali, one of the main accommodation blocks for migrants being removed from the UK.

The Sun on Sunday called at the four-storey hostel - originally built to house orphans from the 1994 genocide - to speak to the migrant, who was also given £3,000 of public money.

But we found the 12ft-high metal gates securely locked as he lay low elsewhere in Rwanda.

A security guard in a hi-vis jacket emerged to confirm the hostel was still closed - and empty.

Well who didn't see that coming? 

Hang on, if he's already failed his asylum claim, why the **** are we paying him?

It's not voluntary deportation if you wait until you've failed, surely, or were there more appeal avenues to pursue?

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hang on, if he's already failed his asylum claim, why the **** are we paying him?

It's not voluntary deportation if you wait until you've failed, surely, or were there more appeal avenues to pursue?

It's The Scum, I wouldn't take anything written their as a fact, especially details like 'failed'. 

Â