The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Here's something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere today. Kingswood will not be a constituency at the next election. 45% of it will be in the new North East Somerset and Hanham constituency

Does the North East Somerset seat seem a familiar name? It should do, Its Jacob Rees-Moggs seat, yes his seat is getting substantially more urban when it becomes North East Somerset and Hanham

DId no journalist see fit to ask him about this when he was talking shite this morning?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Does this mean we need to find a new profanity filter?

Nah, he'll still be a clearing in the woods. 

Edited by sidcow

13 hours ago, bickster said:

Here's something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere today. Kingswood will not be a constituency at the next election. 45% of it will be in the new North East Somerset and Hanham constituency

Does the North East Somerset seat seem a familiar name? It should do, Its Jacob Rees-Moggs seat, yes his seat is getting substantially more urban when it becomes North East Somerset and Hanham

DId no journalist see fit to ask him about this when he was talking shite this morning?

Traditionally, aren't urban voters more left wing when compared to rural counterparts? Wouldn't this hurt his chances of re-election?

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Traditionally, aren't urban voters more left wing when compared to rural counterparts? Wouldn't this hurt his chances of re-election?

It shits all over his chances of being re-elected :D 

• Like 1

So today's common sense...

The Government’s “minister for common sense” has appeared to blame “everybody who voted for lockdown” for the British economy’s dip into recession.

Cabinet Office Minister Esther McVey made the claim during an appearance on BBC Radio 4’s Any Questions, as she faced questions about who voters should hold responsible for the lack of growth.

She said: “I think everybody who voted for lockdown aided what we’re going through now. I absolutely do.”

PA Media via Yahoo

Yes, we have a government of morons

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So the post office boss that was only put in place in 2022 and was recently sacked has some sort of story in The Times today, it's paywalled so I haven't read past the first paragraph but his claims are...

(1) He was asked to stall on the compensation payments to help the Tories and...

(2) When she sacked him, Kemi Badenoch supposedly said "Well someone has to carry the can"

Rishi has started his war on phones in the classroom now, those things that are already not allowed to be used. He wanted them to be not used even more to make the students safer.

Policy announced at the same time as the depth of the NHS waiting list scandal is revealed.  

Standard distraction tactics  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rishi has started his war on phones in the classroom now, those things that are already not allowed to be used. He wanted them to be not used even more to make the students safer.

It's of vital importance to the nation. Never mind the state of the NHS, Councils going bankrupt, literal shit being poured daily into our rivers and seas, an economy stalling, war in Europe and the Middle East, the meltdown of his party at the ballot box and I'm sure I'm forgetting many other things. We've got to stop them kids being able to send those noods to each other and read about all the terrible things his party has done to the country that might make them want to kill themselves.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It's of vital importance to the nation. Never mind the state of the NHS, Councils going bankrupt, literal shit being poured daily into our rivers and seas, an economy stalling, war in Europe and the Middle East, the meltdown of his party at the ballot box and I'm sure I'm forgetting many other things. We've got to stop them kids being able to send those noods to each other and read about all the terrible things his party has done to the country that might make them want to kill themselves.

Yup to the above. 
They aren’t even good at “dead cats” anymore. Kids take phones to schools now sure, but they are not allowed to use them in the classroom. I’m sure that’s true for every school in the country, so why bother making a thing about banning them? 

The roofs and walls of these schools are falling down around them, maybe fixing those is better way for him to keep them safer.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

so why bother making a thing about banning them? 

They aren't even doing that. All they've done is change their guidance to schools. It's a complete non-event and it's just jumping on the bandwagon created by Brianna Ghey's mother's insane idea to prevent children having access to the internet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yup to the above. 
They aren’t even good at “dead cats” anymore. Kids take phones to schools now sure, but they are not allowed to use them in the classroom. I’m sure that’s true for every school in the country, so why bother making a thing about banning them? 

The roofs and walls of these schools are falling down around them, maybe fixing those is better way for him to keep them safer.

Oh yes, I'd forgot about the RAAC. In their defense that's successive governments that have known about that who've crossed their fingers and hoped that the bomb didn't go off on their watch.

There's a pattern though...if it costs anything to do something about it, they aren't interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

They aren't even doing that. All they've done is change their guidance to schools. It's a complete non-event and it's just jumping on the bandwagon created by Brianna Ghey's mother's insane idea to prevent children having access to the internet.

Is it an insane idea? There needs to be regulation and I’ve previously considered whether ‘child only’ mobile phones could be created with highly restrictive security settings (ie blocking social media and any potential adult content), guess you’d also need to create a child version of the internet too so appreciate its not simple but something needs to be done.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Is that the same system that's had a Conversative government in charge for the last 14 years?

Bit late to start “thinking about” sorting problems out. Delusion on the highest level.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think it's about time they made crime illegal. 

You can't fund both your mates' lavish lifestyles and the police. You have to make choices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â