The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

31 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

That might be the most insightful video in the world, but without a sentence or two of context as to what it's about first, there's no way I'm corrupting my YouTube algorithm with the sort of video that a guy with a Union Jack in his title talking about "British Democracy" could potentially be.

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That might be the most insightful video in the world, but without a sentence or two of context as to what it's about first, there's no way I'm corrupting my YouTube algorithm with the sort of video that a guy with a Union Jack in his title talking about "British Democracy" could potentially be.

Simon Brodkin does some very funny sketches.

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's safe, it's a comment on the democracy we have enjoyed electing the last few Prime Ministers. 

Of course we aren't a Presidency but it's not a bad little skit. 

21 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

YouTube has an incognito mode.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

It's safe, it's a comment on the democracy we have enjoyed electing the last few Prime Ministers. 

I was pretty confident that would be the case, mainly as @MakemineVanilla clearly isn't a massive wrong 'un.

Even so, I feel its still a fairly sensible policy to have.

• Like 1

I'm getting rather suspicious of YouGov polling. It really seems to be more lead by the Daily Mail's agenda (for whom they poll) rather than reality

Just for a giggle I put those figures into the Electoral Calculus website and it gives Labour 529 MPs and the Tories just 42 with an overall majority of 408 (LibDems on 30)

I just get the impression its slightly over representing Labour and Reform by a few percent and under representing LibDems and Tory by a few percent and those small percentages can make huge differences

I'll probably die of a laughing fit if they did only get 42 MPs but if that did happen, I think the LibDems will be much higher than 30, in fact I think all the polls suffer from under representation of the LibDem vote regardless because people aren't currently answering with their tactical vote in mind and that in itself will push their vote up on the day, similarly I think the Green vote will drop for similar reasons

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm getting rather suspicious of YouGov polling. It really seems to be more lead by the Daily Mail's agenda (for whom they poll) rather than reality

Just for a giggle I put those figures into the Electoral Calculus website and it gives Labour 529 MPs and the Tories just 42 with an overall majority of 408 (LibDems on 30)

I just get the impression its slightly over representing Labour and Reform by a few percent and under representing LibDems and Tory by a few percent and those small percentages can make huge differences

I'll probably die of a laughing fit if they did only get 42 MPs but if that did happen, I think the LibDems will be much higher than 30, in fact I think all the polls suffer from under representation of the LibDem vote regardless because people aren't currently answering with their tactical vote in mind and that in itself will push their vote up on the day, similarly I think the Green vote will drop for similar reasons

Yeah big difference between some of the polls. As you say Yougov seem to be suggesting a much bigger lead. This one from Savanta suggests it is tighter

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Apparently some of Nicola Sturgeon’s WhatsApp’s have now been leaked.

Anybody what to guess the four politicians being referred to?

1.0 a **** clown

2.0 Shitler

3.0 About as much use as a marzipan dildo

4.0 weaker than a nun’s piss

Hide contents

Johnson / Braverman / Truss / Hancock

I can't really fault those descriptions. I do however like marzipan, but prefer it not shaped like a phallus.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

1.0 a **** clown

2.0 Shitler

Hide contents

IMG_4791.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah big difference between some of the polls. As you say Yougov seem to be suggesting a much bigger lead. This one from Savanta suggests it is tighter

I think that Sevanta poll is a bit of an outlier in their results as the Tory share went up 2% and Labour down 1%. It's all margin of error stuff but the previous poll was 17% lead but Sevanta and DeltaPoll are at the high end with YouGov and RedfieldWilton at the lower end. I tend to look at the regular middle ground pollsters for indications rather than the ends. YouGov and RW could be right I guess but the problem with all of them is the question How would you vote if the election was today? or what ever the question they use is... no one has really considered how they'll vote especially with regards to tactical voting, that won't come out until much later.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I can't really fault those descriptions. I do however like marzipan, but prefer it not shaped like a phallus.

The Matt Hancock and Liz Truss ones are very Jonathan Pie... Just sayin' :D 

• Haha 1

They are hilarious though. 

They think they're being destroyed in the polls because they're not right wing enough and not going far enough on the boats and Rwanda. 

OK, Let's take that as fact.  That's what's annoying the public and that's what everyone wants.  I understand they can think that. 

But even the smallest logic, a cursory thought to it would say that the result of that would be that they'd be smashed by Reform or whatever other right wing nut job party is running.

But they're not. They're being massacred by parties who or at best ambivalent to their policies and are mainly against them. 

It ought to be so easy for anyone to point to the polls and show the right wingers that it's them getting them massacred, not the centre of the party. 

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

1.0 a **** clown

2.0 Shitler

Hide contents

Johnson / Braverman / Truss / Hancock

They all seem very useful but without the spoiler I'd have been none the wiser, I can think of dozens of candidates :D 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They are hilarious though. 

They think they're being destroyed in the polls because they're not right wing enough and not going far enough on the boats and Rwanda. 

OK, Let's take that as fact.  That's what's annoying the public and that's what everyone wants.  I understand they can think that. 

But even the smallest logic, a cursory thought to it would say that the result of that would be that they'd be smashed by Reform or whatever other right wing nut job party is running.

But they're not. They're being massacred by parties who or at best ambivalent to their policies and are mainly against them. 

It ought to be so easy for anyone to point to the polls and show the right wingers that it's them getting them massacred, not the centre of the party. 

They also seem to think having a different person front and centre will make a difference.

Again, back to the policies, they don’t seem to be able to read a room at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

They also seem to think having a different person front and centre will make a difference.

Again, back to the policies, they don’t seem to be able to read a room at all.

It's the oldest trick in the play book of any heinous regime or bully since the dawn of time.  Just pretend the reality is different to how you actually act and then deny what's actually happening and say it's what the people or victim demand. 

• Like 1

They're being thumped in the pools because their image has become one of incompetence and looting, not because policies are particularly unpopular or their opposition is providing better policy options. Their opposition largely agrees with their policies, in the little we know of them, but they're being enacted by idiots.

A cat with a red collar could beat the Tories in the current polls.

Unfortunately we know they'll do rather better when the ballot boxes are counted up. On current showing they'll still lose even when the country gives them an embarrassment of votes, of course.

Then we get to find out that all we've changed is put in a less blasé higher functioning management team for a couple of years.

Edited by Chindie

Â