The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The extended clip doesn't show him in any better light does it. He still laughs at the woman, talks over her and spouts bullshit in linking/blaming waiting times on striking NHS staff. Those waiting for hospital treatment doubled between 2010 and 2020 (pre pandemic) and pre strikes last year stood at almost 8 million people waiting for treatment which is over 3 times what it was when these bastards came into power in 2010. 

• Like 2

Not sure where to put this but as the Tories seem hell bent on making illegal migration their number one issue here seems as good a place as any.

The below is frightening as to how people can be so ill informed and have fallen for the right wing media/politicians bullshitting them. 

Illegal migration in 2023 was around 52k. Legal migration was around 1.2 million. So less than 5% arrived illegally and a lot of them came via air travel and just overstayed their legally obtained tourist visas.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The extended clip doesn't show him in any better light does it. He still laughs at the woman, talks over her and spouts bullshit in linking/blaming waiting times on striking NHS staff. Those waiting for hospital treatment doubled between 2010 and 2020 (pre pandemic) and pre strikes last year stood at almost 8 million people waiting for treatment which is over 3 times what it was when these bastards came into power in 2010. 

Nope he still comes across awfully but thought it was worth pointing out there was further interaction.

On 19/01/2024 at 18:13, villan95 said:

Nope he still comes across awfully but thought it was worth pointing out there was further interaction.

If she hadn’t have gone after him it would have ended with him laughing, turning his back and walking away.

Just now, Genie said:

If she hadn’t have gone after him it would have ended with him laughing, turning his back and walking away.

Yep that's true. He comes off badly either way.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 17:32, markavfc40 said:

Not sure where to put this but as the Tories seem hell bent on making illegal migration their number one issue here seems as good a place as any.

The below is frightening as to how people can be so ill informed and have fallen for the right wing media/politicians bullshitting them. 

Illegal migration in 2023 was around 52k. Legal migration was around 1.2 million. So less than 5% arrived illegally and a lot of them came via air travel and just overstayed their legally obtained tourist visas.

Also shows the relative stupidity of Tory voters and their inability to look beyond the headlines in the rags they read

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I reckon lots and lots of people think that stopping the boats unlocks all the capacity in the NHS, police, council homes, potholes etc.

I had a conversation with 2 chaps who were convinced that disabled veterans were going homeless because of illegal immigrants. They had read it in the daily mail and there was no convincing them otherwise. They were also convinced that they had to keep Starmer out or this terrible situation would be made worse. The current lot were considered bad, but the alternative in their eyes was to be avoided at all costs. It was so frustrating talking to them.  Then again they were self employed tradesmen who have had most of their competition ejected from the country so for them everything is peachy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I had a conversation with 2 chaps who were convinced that disabled veterans were going homeless because of illegal immigrants. They had read it in the daily mail and there was no convincing them otherwise. They were also convinced that they had to keep Starmer out or this terrible situation would be made worse. The current lot were considered bad, but the alternative in their eyes was to be avoided at all costs. It was so frustrating talking to them.  Then again they were self employed tradesmen who have had most of their competition ejected from the country so for them everything is peachy.

My tradesman brother in law thinks exactly the same way. They never made so much money during the covid years with the schemes and loans so they are desperate to hang onto the current lot for expelling their competition and then write their own cheques. 

He was saying his mate was a tiler self certified his business into a £30k government loan, the folded the company (then restarted a fresh one of course).

He told me once that he got one of those loans, I remember it at the time but the other day he was adamant he would never do anything like that.

Edited by Genie

Was going to suggest Mick Mannock for the famous people we maybe should know better?

He was the UK's top WWI fighter ace with 61 aerial victories, but he was working class and believed in Irish self rule.

Richthofen was bought down over Allied lines and was given a hero's funeral. As for Mick, barely anyone's heard of him.

The public school words removed and the Daily Mail do not come out well in Mick's story.

What's changed?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

My tradesman brother in law thinks exactly the same way. They never made so much money during the covid years with the schemes and loans so they are desperate to hang onto the current lot for expelling their competition and then write their own cheques. 

He was saying his mate was a tiler self certified his business into a £30k government loan, the folded the company (then restarted a fresh one of course).

He told me once that he got one of those loans, I remember it at the time but the other day he was adamant he would never do anything like that.

Most trades people, shops spent the loans/grants on new vehilcles, refubishment, not to top up lost salaries. An it's well known dormant busineses claimed the money too, only to offcially close the companies 12 months later. There were accountants advising companies how to fiddle it, I know one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

Was going to suggest Mick Mannock for the famous people we maybe should know better?

He was the UK's top WWI fighter ace with 61 aerial victories, but he was working class and believed in Irish self rule.

Richthofen was bought down over Allied lines and was given a hero's funeral. As for Mick, barely anyone's heard of him.

The public school words removed and the Daily Mail do not come out well in Mick's story.

What's changed?

'Twas ever thus. I know about Edward Mannock ('Mick' was a nickname), as I'm a history nerd. He was virtually blind in one eye, but cheated his RFC medical by sneaking into the clinic and memorising the eyesight 'letters' chart. 

• Like 2

A blast from the past.

David Cameron has been accused of failing the British steel industry after the government confirmed it was blocking proposals from other EU members to tackle dumping of cheap product by China.

Sajid Javid, the business secretary, said it would not be right for the EU to scrap regulations known as the “lesser duty rule”, which some countries want to end in order to allow higher tariffs on Chinese steel.

The decision to block the proposals drew fierce criticism from Labour and the remnants of the UK’s steel industry, which has shed 5,000 jobs since last summer.

But Javid said getting rid of the rule would lead to higher prices for UK consumers of steel, as the current arrangements balance the interests of producers and buyers of a product.

“I think when we look at this, a responsible government would look at the impact overall to British industry and British jobs. If duties are applied that are disproportionate, it would have an impact, in Britain and elsewhere, on the consumers of steel as well,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/10/david-cameron-accused-failing-uk-steel-industry-blocking-eu-lesser-duty-proposal

A blast from the future?

The UK government is at high risk of a “catastrophic ransomware attack” that could “bring the country to a standstill” because of poor planning and a lack of investment, a parliamentary committee has warned.

In a damning report, the joint committee on the national security strategy warned that the UK could face a crippling cyber-attack on its critical national infrastructure (CNI) at any moment. The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) describes the CNI as national assets that are essential for the functioning of society, including energy supply, water supply, transportation, health and telecommunications.

Recent ransomware attacks on UK public services include an attack on the NHS last year that left patient data in the hands of cyber-attackers. In 2020, Redcar and Cleveland council fell victim to a ransomware attack and was locked out of its systems for almost three weeks. One councillor said they were told it would cost between £11m and £18m to repair the damage.

The report said the government was failing to invest sufficiently to prevent large-scale cyber-attacks and criticised the Home Office, who claim the lead on ransomware as a policy issue, and former home secretary Suella Braverman, for failing to make the issue a priority.

The committee said Braverman “showed no interest in [ransomware]. Clear political priority is given instead to other issues, such as illegal migration and small boats.” The committee also noted that the UK’s CNI was reliant on private, third-party IT systems that leave them vulnerable to cyber-attack.

Future ransomware attacks could pose “a threat to physical security or safety of human life”, the report said, if cyber-attackers manage to sabotage CNI operations. The report also warned that “cyber-physical systems” could be intercepted, including hackers taking control of the steering and throttle of a shipping vessel – lab experiments have shown this to be achievable.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/dec/13/uk-at-high-risk-of-catastrophic-ransomware-attack-report-says

• Like 1

I see Truss is launching another new Tory faction, Popular Conservatism. Let that sink in.... THE most unpopular Prime Minister EVER (some feat in itself given the length of her tenure) is launching a new Tory infighting machine with popular in the title :D 

Bring it on, more of this sort of thing  :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Â