The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Maybe they won't. But I am sure Labour will do their absolute best to make a mess of things and give Tories a fighting chance! 

This

Labour were in turmoil when they lost last election its taken them years to sort themselves out - and alot of their popularity isnt because they come across like a strong party just the tories have imploded and **** up near enough everything 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Welcome to the resurgence of the LibDems (who are much closer politically to traditional Tory voters than the current party)

I agree with your assessment of Labour but by the third term the LibDems will be the official opposition. Tory Party once they've lost will get more toxic and their current voter demographics are completely against them.

Cant see it. People said that back when labour was falling apart yet the lib dems were never the 2nd party since the coalition ended. Its always been labour and i expect the same when labour win next election 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Cant see it. People said that back when labour was falling apart yet the lib dems were never the 2nd party since the coalition ended. Its always been labour and i expect the same when labour win next election 

That's because they went into coalition with the Tories and sold out the people that voted for them (Parents of Students with Loans etc). The people that will be voting for them aren't those people in the main, they will be "traditional Tory voters"

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's because they went into coalition with the Tories and sold out the people that voted for them (Parents of Students with Loans etc). The people that will be voting for them aren't those people in the main, they will be "traditional Tory voters"

Ill be honest i have no idea what the lib dems stand for these days. They are like the unpopular person in thw group that just stands there and doesnt say anything

Its a massive shame we dont have a strong lib dem alternative when both the main parties are 💩

The more I think about this bringing Cameron back into the fold the less sense it makes. Seeing him hardly evokes memories of halcyon days does it. The mess the NHS is in started in 2010 when he arrived in number 10 and him and Osborne are the instigators of the dire state it finds itself in now. That also applies to social care, the huge increases in homelessness and child poverty, dire state of finances in local authorities, lack of growth in the economy since 2010, lack of housing etc etc etc. Everything stems back to Cameron/Osborne and their ideological values dressed up and hidden behind the need for austerity. 

And then to top it off he is also a major reason for the Brexit shambles which he ran away from leaving a country as divided as I can ever remember it ever being. Now Sunak sees him as a cog to help improve his/the Tories fortunes. They are well and truly out of road and finished aren't they.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The more I think about this bringing Cameron back into the fold the less sense it makes. Seeing him hardly evokes memories of halcyon days does it. The mess the NHS is in started in 2010 when he arrived in number 10 and him and Osborne are the instigators of the dire state it finds itself in now. That also applies to social care, the huge increases in homelessness and child poverty, dire state of finances in local authorities, lack of growth in the economy since 2010, lack of housing etc etc etc. Everything stems back to Cameron/Osborne and their ideological values dressed up and hidden behind the need for austerity. 

And then to top it off he is also a major reason for the Brexit shambles which he ran away from leaving a country as divided as I can ever remember it ever being. Now Sunak sees him as a cog to help improve his/the Tories fortunes. They are well and truly out of road and finished aren't they.

The hardline Brexiteers may even see it as a move towards closer ties with Europe... As Cameron doesn't come with that baggage either.

They'll absolutely love it :D 

He's hardly the man for leaving the European Convention on Human Rights, which is the line Braverman was going down.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With one hand he giveth... Sunak's always been something of a non-starter at this game

24% thinking Rishi Sunak made the right decision is actually a good result based on previous feedback

Much chatter (unattributed) about letters going in :crylaugh:

The Express seems to think that Bravermans Common Sense Group and Kruger / Cates New Conservative Group have 60 members between them. It's hard to tell as some MPs are members of both (Kruger and Lee Anderson definitely)  and other members aren't declared

350 Tory MPs mean that 15% = 53 letters to trigger a leadership election

Its possible they may have the numbers. The Guardian at one point thought that CSG had 59 members

Â