The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Well she ran it up the red meat flagpole, the result doesn't really matter.

Yep - there's a lot more political value in shouting about it and starting a culture war than in the pesky and unpleasant business of having people actually carry it out.

• Like 1

They've guaranteed that a Palestine protest is now going to go ahead on Sunday in London by making such a big deal about out. 

Well done Suella. Mission accomplished. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They've guaranteed that a Palestine protest is now going to go ahead on Sunday in London by making such a big deal about out. 

Well done Suella. Mission accomplished. 

They've also guaranteed that there'll be a response from the Tommy Robinson morons who will go, with the goals of causing as much trouble as possible and being racist, whilst pretending they're protecting English white people.

She's directly responsible for any confrontation on what should be a sombre day.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Here are some more of Suella Braverman's thin blue line, desperately chasing people down in the hope of persuading them that they've been offended enough to enable them to enforce her ridiculous laws.

It'd be funny if it wasn't a really serious and worrying step in the wrong direction. Conceived of by psychopaths and sociopaths. Enabled by sychophants and fools.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

It'd be funny if it wasn't a really serious and worrying step in the wrong direction. Conceived of by psychopaths and sociopaths. Enabled by sychophants and fools.

History tells us that any new law in relation to civil liberties will be abused and usually quite quickly as the boundaries are tested until there is some form of push back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I really feel for the police on weekends like the one coming up.

They could always indulge in some pre emptive arrests for future crimes, like they did at the coronation.

That does of course set up its own problems. Do they arrest the excitable student shouting ‘free free palestine’, or do they arrest the quiet guy in a black jacket and jeans with a swastika neck tattoo, stood quietly in a side street with a union flag?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Who is Dr No?

Fictional character invented by Mad Nad. It's apparently a cabal that includes Michael Gove that has been running the Tory Party for over 20 years even though Gove hasn't been an MP for the whole of that time. Not only that but if Gove is in the cabal that runs the Tory Party, how come both his attempts at leading the party failed?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fictional character invented by Mad Nad.

The person she's referring to is Dougie Smith isn't it?

Obviously she's nuts and he isn't an all-powerful mastermind controlling things, but I think that's who she's talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The person she's referring to is Dougie Smith isn't it?

It would certainly fit the profile of what I saw of him in my student days. He was an absolute arsehole when he was running with the FCS libertarian wing

But I still think its a character "based on" rather than any reality the rest of us might recognise

EDIT: Also Mad Nad names Dougie Smith as part of the cabal, she's claiming Dr No is someone different

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s kicking off now between the Met and Downing Street as each point the blame for the inevitable trouble at the weekend on each other.

Are we talking about sexual abuse cases or this ceasefire march thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Are we talking about sexual abuse cases or this ceasefire march thing?

My bad, I need to be far more specific.

This relates to the marches at the weekend. Rishi thinks the police should ban the Palestine march but the met chief does not believe it meets the threshold for such an order. 

Mark Rowley has been “summoned” to number 10 to explain. I’d love him to decline it as he already has a meeting.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

My bad, I need to be far more specific.

This relates to the marches at the weekend. Rishi thinks the police should ban the Palestine march but the met chief does not believe it meets the threshold for such an order. 

Mark Rowley has been “summoned” to number 10 to explain. I’d love him to decline it as he already has a meeting.

I don't understand why anyone would even want to organise a protest this weekend?  I'm struggling to see many positives coming out of it.  There must be loads of people with sympathy for the Palestinian cause that also want to pay respect for Remembrence Sunday.  This just seems like it wants to drive a wedge between them.

• Like 1

Â