The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

JRM is speaking at the National Loonies conference, why does he want a second one so soon after the first|?

Loonies is the right word. Look at the nonsense Prue Leith's lad is coming out with

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Loonies is the right word. Look at the nonsense Prue Leith's lad is coming out with

You can't possibly want me to agree with a Tory twice in one day :D 

But.... form the same nut house, this time One Term MP Miriam Cates...

“Having a home, a secure job and support from your family, community and nation are not the only conditions to starting a family,”

“You must also have hope for the future. And that hope is not reaching so many of our young people today, because liberal individualism has proved to be completely powerless to resist a cultural Marxism that is systematically destroying our children’s souls.”

“When culture, schools and universities openly teach that our country is racist, our heroes are villains, humanity is killing the Earth, you are what you desire, diversity is theology, boundaries are tyranny and self-restraint is oppression, is it any wonder that mental health conditions, self-harm and suicide, and epidemic levels of anxiety and confusion characterise the emerging generation?”

The connection made in that third paragraph is wild but Cultural marxism is systematically destroying our childrens souls should be an album title for a Death Metal band

• Like 1

Braverman: 

There is no reason why we can't train our own fruit pickers to keep migration down.

'Cos that's why folk come over to work in our fruit fields- training. I mean even if that codswallop were true, she is saying that we want to lower the number of foreign workers who come to our country with skills we don't have. That is crazy Brexiteer madness. 

But it isn't true, because they were and are brought in because no one in this country wants to work that hard for that little pay. If we pay fruit pickers what they should be earning to interest British workers, we would have to raise fruit prices enormously and admit that our farming industry is horribly uncompetitive. 

Bloody tories.  

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I take it this is the UK equivalent of the CPAC conference

I believe it is currently being called the Nat-C conference :crylaugh: 

But the real answer is, yes possibly but there is another right wing conservative conference going on right now too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Braverman: 

There is no reason why we can't train our own fruit pickers to keep migration down.

'Cos that's why folk come over to work in our fruit fields- training. I mean even if that codswallop were true, she is saying that we want to lower the number of foreign workers who come to our country with skills we don't have. That is crazy Brexiteer madness. 

But it isn't true, because they were and are brought in because no one in this country wants to work that hard for that little pay. If we pay fruit pickers what they should be earning to interest British workers, we would have to raise fruit prices enormously and admit that our farming industry is horribly uncompetitive. 

Bloody tories.  

Sue Ellen in the job centre 

image.jpeg.8256d6e20d4ab66f6190547927cf004e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is this about religion? The economics they spout have just been proven to fail by Liz Truss, and they seem so keen to counter any culture that doesn't conform to a devout Christian family unit. I've no problem with folks believing what they want but these are members of the government, it's dangerous shit. 

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is this about religion? The economics they spout have just been proven to fail by Liz Truss, and they seem so keen to counter any culture that doesn't conform to a devout Christian family unit. I've no problem with folks believing what they want but these are members of the government, it's dangerous shit. 

I think their economic ideas might as well be a religion to them. This current lot, the ones that took over the party, are that devout and faith-based. The Tories—full of self-justifying shit. And their ideals have been proven not to work time and again.

Someone always gets rich though, and it's always a Tory. Some examples I believe: Global Financial Crisis made possible by Reagan-era deregulation. Bailouts, corporations becoming bogus untouchable financial machines. Chile under Pinochet. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/30/pinochet-economic-model-current-crisis-chile

Chile is notorious for its income inequality: the gap between rich and poor has widened in recent years as the combined wealth of its billionaires is equal to 25% of its GDP.

But inequality is multidimensional: Chile’s employment rate languishes at 55%, while employment conditions are so precarious that 50% of the workforce cannot possibly accumulate enough savings to fund a minimally adequate pension.

Thirty per cent of formal contracts are short-term and last an average of just 10 months, interspersed with lengthy periods of unemployment, leaving workers one step away from poverty if they become ill or unemployed.

They feel excluded and ignored by political power, which is highly concentrated among the elite. They feel cheated and exploited by firms and retailers, who have fixed prices for basic consumer goods.

Many Chileans live with high levels of debt and thus pay more for the same services (such as higher education or healthcare) than rich people, who get discounts because they can pay in cash.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

And then read The Grapes of Wrath

I'm reading it now! It's so bleak. And yep, basically the end result of the ideology of neoliberals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

It's a cult.

Their economics only failed because of the notorious wokerati, anti-growth coalition of the financial markets and currency exchanges and bond markets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

basically the end result of the ideology of neoliberals.

And drought. Still, there's no threat of climate emergencies these days, so no worries there for the tories.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

And drought. Still, there's no threat of climate emergencies these days, so no worries there for the tories.

I paraphrase, but John Redwood was on the radio yesterday and basically said that there’s a need to produce more food, so now is not the time to worry about the environment.

Â