The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The first line is important, because the appointment process requires that any factors which are or could be perceived to be a conflict of interest have to be declared by the candidates. 

That’s best case scenario for Boris.

If he had a “loan” arranged by the person he recommended for a top job, but hasn’t actually paid anything back then it’s not a loan, it’s something far more corrupt.

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Corruption.

It’s not really. It’s evidence of pressure being put onto senior civil servants to lie for the government but it’s not really proof, it’s one man’s account. You’d need a good degree of corroboration for it to be proof of anything

16 hours ago, Xann said:

I started off having some sympathy, but let's face it, if you go on national radio slagging off your employer, rightly or wrongly, you're going to be in trouble.

But that's not all. He sent an expletive laden email to the cabinet secretary urging him to listen to said slagging off? Of course he got sacked.

It sounds to me like his opinions were broadly valid, though I've not listened to the first call, but going on the radio to broadcast his negative view of the PM and identifying himself as a civil servant was a particularly daft thing to do

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I started off having some sympathy, but let's face it, if you go on national radio slagging off your employer, rightly or wrongly, you're going to be in trouble.

But that's not all. He sent an expletive laden email to the cabinet secretary urging him to listen to said slagging off? Of course he got sacked.

It sounds to me like his opinions were broadly valid, though I've not listened to the first call, but going on the radio to broadcast his negative view of the PM and identifying himself as a civil servant was a particularly daft thing to do

All whistle blowers get negative reactions, weather he called them words removed or not, he was gonna be up for the chop. I have no real sympathy for him either, but respect him for speaking out. Shit goes on in nearly every big business, but people rarely have got the bottle to call out the issues and just ignore or gossip about them.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

And then Lord Zahawi in a couple of years time. Nice work if you can get it.

No chance. HMRC vetoed him getting an honour last time out. Anyone getting nominated gets checked by HMRC for any skeletons in the cupboard around their finances 

Â