The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 hours ago, cyrusr said:

I thought Patel was bad but Braverman is even worse. She is a genuinely awful human being and the further away she is from any form of actual power the better. 

Your wish is her command. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Another u-turn, tonight is no longer a confidence vote as they would have to expel too many MPs given the size of the expected rebellion. 

Doesn't really matter, the damage was already done. Yet another act of complete self-harm

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Another u-turn, tonight is no longer a confidence vote as they would have to expel too many MPs given the size of the expected rebellion. 

Brilliant 😂

Does that mean they might not get enough support to get the majority to get it through?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Brilliant 😂

Does that mean they might not get enough support to get the majority to get it through?

No, it means Labour might get the majority but as it is an opposition day motion, it means nothing.

Now you'll see how monumentally stupid the three line whip on making it a confidence motion was

Losing this vote will change absolutely nothing policy wise and it never would have

What's going on is just absolute insanity. 

It's completely staggering how utterly incompetent a bunch of people can be. 

It's hard to imagine the party members being angry at the MP's if they forced Truss out.  They may have chosen here but there is no way they can be happy with what she's done, how she's performed.  The have to see she's pissing away whatever it was they wanted by getting her in power. 

This just has to end for the sake of the country. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, it means Labour might get the majority but as it is an opposition day motion, it means nothing.

I read earlier that this isn't the case - this is apparently the precursor to one of those Brexit-war style "opposition takes control of the order paper and actually makes legislation happen" type scenarios. 

Edit - had they won, obviously. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

They may have chosen here but there is no way they can be happy with what she's done, how she's performed.

YouGov polling suggests that a majority of Tory party members now want her gone.

Just now, ml1dch said:

I read earlier that this isn't the case - this is apparently the precursor to one of those Brexit-war style "opposition takes control of the order paper and actually makes legislation happen" type scenarios. 

Didn't realise that, thanks

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What's going on is just absolute insanity. 

It's completely staggering how utterly incompetent a bunch of people can be. 

It's hard to imagine the party members being angry at the MP's if they forced Truss out.  They may have chosen here but there is no way they can be happy with what she's done, how she's performed.  The have to see she's pissing away whatever it was they wanted by getting her in power. 

This just has to end for the sake of the country. 

The sense I get is the membership who voted for her are feeling betrayed by the Jeremy Hunt side of the party staging a coup and taking away what they voted for.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Government won the fracking debate and having started the day with no credibility are now in negative equity

I for one am looking forward to all that cheap gas reducing my energy bills.  Let's hear it for the great british Lizzie. Whoop whoop. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

The sense I get is the membership who voted for her are feeling betrayed by the Jeremy Hunt side of the party staging a coup and taking away what they voted for.

These weren't Tory members in Stoke were they? Interviewed by the BBC?

Â