The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

28,000 North East Somerset voters can’t be wrong.

He gets over half the vote, so he can’t even be ousted by some tactical voting.

All those people that commute in to Bath from Nempnett Thrubwell, Hinton Chartehouse, Peasedown St John, and Compton Dando clearly think he’s great.

He is being voted for by the supporting cast of a Jane Austen novel.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why does JRM do it? He’s insanely rich, and we’ll over 200 years old. Does he really enjoy inflicting suffering on people so does it as a hobby? 

Ego trip. 

Clearly has some underlying issues and needs the role to feel validation. 

Typical bully. 

I'd say the same about Patel, Sunak and Johnson to varying degrees. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why does JRM do it? He’s insanely rich, and we’ll over 200 years old. Does he really enjoy inflicting suffering on people so does it as a hobby? 

You know the term Insider Trading?

Well this is Outsider Trading

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

28,000 North East Somerset voters can’t be wrong.

He gets over half the vote, so he can’t even be ousted by some tactical voting.

All those people that commute in to Bath from Nempnett Thrubwell, Hinton Chartehouse, Peasedown St John, and Compton Dando clearly think he’s great.

He is being voted for by the supporting cast of a Jane Austen novel.

To offer a small piece of anecdata, as somebody who lives in a neighbouring constituency. A friend of mine is chair of a local charity, and she wrote to both the MPs for the area that the charity operates in.

Rees-Mogg's people immediately set up a Zoom meeting with her, at which he was charming, helpful, well-informed about the charity, what it did and what it needed. Wera Hobhouse (Lib Dem) didn't reply to the letter.

He's still obviously a massive bell-end, but y'know. Balance and all that. 

• Like 2

Just now, ml1dch said:

To offer a small piece of anecdata, as somebody who lives in a neighbouring constituency. A friend of mine is chair of a local charity, and she wrote to both the MPs for the area that the charity operates in.

Rees-Mogg's people immediately set up a Zoom meeting with her, at which he was charming, helpful, well-informed about the charity, what it did and what it needed. Wera Hobhouse (Lib Dem) didn't reply to the letter.

As much as it pains me my wife has a similar positive story about Gavin Williamson. 

23 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Yep, he wins over half the vote, he’s increased the vote over the years.

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

As if this is going to do anything but encourage people to stay away in case they have to meet this word removed

One thing that seems to have been missed in coverage of this note is that he is not the boss of any civil servants. If he is actually leaving these on desks, rather than just tweeting about it for effect, then he's just creating litter for cleaners to deal with at the end of the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

As much as it pains me my wife has a similar positive story about Gavin Williamson. 

Yes, my dad has had several positive stories about Gavin Williamson over the years.

However, it doesn't matter. It's great that they do their job and help out local society groups, but they also set policy for the country, and he's **** terrible at that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One thing that seems to have been missed in coverage of this note is that he is not the boss of any civil servants. If he is actually leaving these on desks, rather than just tweeting about it for effect, then he's just creating litter for cleaners to deal with at the end of the day.

It's all about getting the workshy serfs back to the office nonsense they've been muttering about for ages

50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

However, it doesn't matter. It's great that they do their job and help out local society groups, but they also set policy for the country, and he's **** terrible at that.

That’s absolutely spot on. There’s loads of MPs who are basically fine and hard working as constituency mps, but whose batshit crazy ideas   and or character flaws on some topics render them wholly unsuitable for cabinet roles. JRM is one. I’ll spare you my thoughts on others 😛

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Dorries can't even manage to put a fake smile on her face for a photo. Clearly hates the idea of actually meeting voters. 

The Sugababes reunion tour was a disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Hate them. 

The journalist who wrote that story and the editor of the paper are just as culpable for putting that in the paper as the scumbag MP who said it “off the record”.

They should have published the MPs name so we all know who he is.

• Like 1

Â