The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No one, least of all me, was under the impression that a few words that you (or anyone else) may have written was going to determine that a certain group of human beings were actually, literally not human beings. :D

Of course you were speaking figuratively, it was the only way it could be said/written. It was read that way as per my earlier post. ;)

k

I think Boris will be gone soon enough. I get a feeling the powers that be in the Tory HQ are leaking this to make his position impossible. 

Who to take over though? Sunak? Gove? They'll want a more polished performer than Boris 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

I think Boris will be gone soon enough. I get a feeling the powers that be in the Tory HQ are leaking this to make his position impossible. 

Who to take over though? Sunak? Gove? They'll want a more polished performer than Boris 

I think I'd actually be :puke:if it was Gove. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trekka said:

Gove seems to be making inroads into the cladding crisis so I'd rather he stayed doing that. His speech yesterday was very encouraging for leaseholders. Not perfect and not everything addressed, but progress. 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gove seems to be making inroads into the cladding crisis so I'd rather he stayed doing that. His speech yesterday was very encouraging for leaseholders. Not perfect and not everything addressed, but progress. 

That's why he needs to stay where he is. Slowly but surely he is getting somewhere.  I'm still annoyed (make that to be angry) that there is still nothing on other costs currently levied at leaseholders. Works to balconies, fire breaks and the dreaded "waking watch" still give people (including me) a lot of stress. I'm still expecting that big bill :(

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

34 minutes ago, trekka said:

See, I think it's a little more Machiavellian that this

Cast your mind back to the weeekend... the big story on Sunday was meant to be for Gove and the cladding but something happenned...

All of a sudden The Sunday Times printed a story about us having to pay for Lateral Flow Tests, which then became the big Sunday story because Wassisface The Education Secretary had to go on TV and say it was bollocks, Gove and his cladding was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the day and whilst it still happened it's no longer the big weekend story which Gove obviously wanted, now I have no idea if the Sunday Times were fed the story or they just made it up, it doesn't really matter because the story was obviously bollocks and designed to take the wind out of Gove's sails....

Fast forward to yesterday, Gove's story was still getting a bit of attention and.... Bing Boris' Party Number 85788758475 has again knocked the wind of of Gove's sails

It isn't Gove leaking these stories but imagine if you lived in a flat in Downing Street and actually shared a garden with the Prime Minister, now you imagine that you might know when every single one of these parties was?

These leaks are about damaging Gove as much as they are about damaging Johnson

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, trekka said:

Classic.

Absolutely ridiculous now.

She basically says if there’s proof she went then she went, if not then she didn’t go.

The reality is just an inconvenient minor detail. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Absolutely ridiculous now.

She basically says if there’s proof she went then she went, if not then she didn’t go.

The reality is just an inconvenient minor detail. 

It's quite possibly (or highly probably, or in fact I know that it is) a spoof.  Still quite funny though I thought. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jon said:

Interesting times when we genuinely can't decipher satire from reality.

It's actually quite disturbing that we could actually believe this to be real.  

But that's where we're at.  

This is it, it’s just not that obvious anymore.

11 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Makes you wonder how they found the time for any actual work at all.

It does explain why we have some of the worst death rates per capita and the general chaotic decision making throughout...none of them were ever **** sober!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesn't matter who takes over. Labour are going to wipe the floor with the conservatives at the next election.

The amount of damage johnson has done to that party can see labour being in power for many years.

Labour couldn't beat them with Boris as leader.  The new Tory leader will be a step up that is 100% sure.

Boris as leader was years worth of open goals for Labour,  they lost seats.  I suspect the Tories have got Labour to do their dirty work.  The very best they could do was naughty parties,  not Brexit, jobs or anything like that.

Raynor and Starmer will look smug but will ultimately get demolished when the next election happens when the Tories have a proper clued up leader.

They were better off leaving him there to do more damage.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Labour couldn't beat them with Boris as leader.  The new Tory leader will be a step up that is 100% sure.

Boris as leader was years worth of open goals for Labour,  they lost seats.  I suspect the Tories have got Labour to do their dirty work.  The very best they could do was naughty parties,  not Brexit, jobs or anything like that.

Raynor and Starmer will look smug but will ultimately get demolished when the next election happens when the Tories have a proper clued up leader.

It’s incredible that potentially parties in lockdown could be the end of him.

The one that I’m still shocked which passed over most people was the report that thousands of deaths were unnecessary due to the decisions the government made.

Nobody barely interested it seems.

Drinks in his garden and there’s national uproar. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Don't agree with you I'm afraid. Boris has for many years had the "likeable rogue" character and filled with slogans. He has consistently lied throughout his whole career and has been found out time and time again. Despite this he has gone from strength to strength and those attacks come from all sides, not just come from Labour/left (although that is the majority). He is an awful, awful human being but he is charismatic and people have liked him despite his obvious flaws. He was not going to be easy to beat. 

There is also a real glut of Tories that I would think would have that charisma that Boris has to try and carry them over until the next election. Sunk maybe but the likes of Gove/Truss/Hunt/Javid/Patel will absolutely either get pulverised or alternatively alienate a lot of the vote that has got them into power. 

• Like 1

Â