The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You mean three threads where you'd post the same stuff slagging off the Labour party? :D

4 if you count the EU thread :P

But I've slagged off all the parties , I just happen to slag labour off the most ... Actually I'm not sure that's fair , the SNP probably win it pro rata 

Amanda Spielman has been chosen as the next chief inspector of Ofsted by Education Secretary Nicky Morgan.

Ms Spielman, currently chair of exams regulator Ofqual, has been chosen for her experience in the education sector although she has never been a teacher.

She has helped oversee the reform of GCSEs and A-levels and the founding and expansion of successful academy chain, Ark, during her time at Ofqual...

Announcing the selection, Ms Morgan said: "I am delighted to recommend Amanda Spielman as chief inspector.

"From helping to set up one of the country's top academy chains, to acting as a council member for the Institute of Education, to overseeing our ambitious qualification reform programme, Amanda has extensive experience at the front line of the education system, making her uniquely qualified to take up this important role."...

Kevin Courtney, acting general secretary of the National Union of Teachers, said: "To have as the new chief inspector of Ofsted a person who has no teaching experience and who is heavily implicated in the academy programme, certainly does call into question both their suitability and impartiality for the job.

"It is a sad indictment of this Government's attitude to education that they place such little value on the experience of teachers and head teachers, that they would not consider such a background necessary for the chief inspector's role."

The Association of Teachers and Lecturers highlighted that Ms Spielman "has never taught, has never led a school or a major public institution, and as chair of Ofqual she has presided over qualification chaos in secondary schools".

BBC

Yeah, we need someone familiar with turning schools into profit making chains.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 10:01, chrisp65 said:

wasn't really sure where to put this, but this is prolly as good a place as any

I was particularly enthused by the queen's speech this year. We are to live within our means and reach out to the poorest in society by tackling social problems, deprivation and debt, whilst measuring people's life chances. We are to spread prosperity. Corruption and tax evasion to be tackled. We will tackle poverty. The lowest income families will have help with savings. Public services will help the hardest to reach in society. Mental health provision and support will be improved.

The devil is potentially in the detail as always, and I guess it could be derailed if the wrong result comes from the EU referendum. But not a bad set of goals.

a month on, it would be interesting to see a progress report on where we are on the items they gave the Queen to read out

ClPdqyLWkAAjfwl.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

1964 campaign leaflet, from Wolverhampton iirc. Probably locally produced, rather than by Conservative Central Office, but still...

FB_IMG_1466419689918.jpg

Other than a trip down memory lane I'm sorta struggling as to why this is being wheeled out  , it was 50 years ago and times have moved on , nowdays people campaign against Muslims not coloureds

phil-woolas-election-leaf-006.jpg?w=620

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Other than a trip down memory lane I'm sorta struggling as to why this is being wheeled out  , it was 50 years ago and times have moved on , nowdays people campaign against Muslims not coloureds

Yeah, sorry, totally different.  <_<

Edited by mjmooney

Major waxing lyrical about Cam's legacy now.

The country was on the brink of financial collapse before Dave and his team 'saved us' apparently.

He must have missed the fact they have failed to hit pretty much every one of their own financial targets since being elected and after today, that 'surplus by 2020' looks about as likely as a reduction in immigration. 

A depressing day of delusion all round 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2016 at 11:59, mjmooney said:

1964 campaign leaflet, from Wolverhampton iirc. Probably locally produced, rather than by Conservative Central Office, but still...

FB_IMG_1466419689918.jpg

Stewart Lee included this in a very funny sketch of his called 'political correctness'. 

Edited by av1

He is a very shrewd operator and would be a complete disaster as PM but as a floppy haired posh tit he has the appeal of a burnt toe to most voters north of Oxford. Not that the Tories need to bother contesting those regions as Labour's current performance suggests a real struggle against UKIP in the old heartlands, especially now Farage and co have wind in their sails.

Tory/UKIP coalition. Joy.

Â