Pre match thread

roonst83

Gil is a big blow. Was hoping Gana would be back too but I'm happy if Veretout comes in. Adama hasn't been involved enough yet to say he'll be missed and I wasn't expecting him to be back. Still think we'll have enough though. It's in their DNA to sit back unless Morrison or Brunt have one of their biannual stormers.

We could do with three points - there are some tough games to come and we might be in an ugly position in a few weeks time if we're not careful.

We're certainly capable of getting them, but whether or not we do is a mystery to me - we're very hard to predict. 

We miss Traore - which is odd for a player who has never played 90 minutes. 

I dunno - if I was offered the draw right now, I'd say no.

Agree.

We need the 3 points here with the fixtures coming up.

Gana is a bigger blow than Gil I think.

That said, it means we're without our first two choices down the right and I'm not sure how we overcome that.

We're fine down the left with Gabby, Sinclair, Ayew or Grealish - but we've got less options down the right hand side.

Gana is problem because we're short of central midfielders - we have Gana, Sanchez, Westwood and Veretout and if we've injuries in the front line we need to play three of those.

I wouldn't want us to have to change the formation to play a 4-3-1-2 because we don't have a right sided attacking player and in doing so not have a viable replacement for any of the 3 in that formation on the bench.

Sherwood said Gana was training and they were going to asses him - he was a possibility.  Do you know Gana is out or are you just speculating?  Just interested to know.

Sherwood also talked about rotation with the two games coming up, so would not be surprised to see some changes - Clark, Crespo, Veretout, Ilori.

Adama hasn't been involved enough yet to say he'll be missed 

except score twice in two appearances?

i get what you mean though, i just wonder if we'll ever see Gil, Grealish and Traore all available at the same time?

I'm not sure I want to see all of those at the same time - I think Grealish is better down the middle than the left and I wouldn't want to shift him for Gil and I think Traore is better than Gil on the right.

...................Guzan (no viable alternative)

Hutton.Richards.Lescott.Amavi (pretty much picks itself!)

....Veretout.Westwood.Gueye (Sanchez to come on and pack out the midfield if we're defending a lead!)

.................Grealish (Gil and Traore injured so a lot on Jacks shoulders)

............Gabby.Sinclair (Gabby should be up for a derby and Sinclair has a decent scoring record)

Subs: Bunn, Clark, Bacuna, Sanchez, Ayew, Gestede, Kozak

Going for a nervy 2-1 win

--------------------------------Guzan----------------------------

Hutton---------Richards----------Lescott---------Amavi

---------Westwood-------Sanchez--------Veretout-------

Grealish-----------------------------------------------Sinclair

--------------------------------Gabby---------------------------------

subs:Bunn,Clark,Bacuna,Ilori,Gueye,Ayew,Gestede