Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I agree with you on the match but I think both Newcastle and Sunderland will be in the relegation mix.

Newcastle won't. Good side

Are they balls. :rolleyes:

Had it not been for the red card Newcastle would've comfortably today. We don't have any players of the caliber of Wijnaldum or Sissoko 

They were dismal at West Ham, lost at home to Watford, couldn't beat Southampton at home despite leading with 5 minutes left. Sunderland hadn't won a game before today (although I do accept the sending off massively swung things seeing as it also lead to a penalty).

Plenty of winnable games they've had so far this season and failed in. Well they actually win any away games this season, I don't think they have the fight in their squad once they go a goal down. Last won away in January I think.

It isn't poor. It's not great either.

It's far better than 20th in the PL though.

Try telling me that WBA's squad is better. They're 8th. Try telling me Watford's squad is better. They have 13 points.

A manager is more important than people think.

Evans, Berahino, Rondon, McAuley, Fletvher, Yacob would all walk into our team. So would Ighalo, Deeney, Gomes, Abdi, Capoue, Jurado and Cathcart

Our team is dreadful regardless of whether Sherwood or Fergie is in charge

Dont agree with you here zatman, the maanger I would say was the main reason these players have not performed. Yes ok players have to take responsibility but I do think we have a better squad than a host of sides in the league they are just low on confidence 

but same was said under Lambert, McLeish and Houllier

the players always get away with it and im not saying they are underperforming its because they arent good enough

Yeah mate you do have a point there the players do need to take responsibilty but in  my view a lot of these players are new to the league so it is the amangers job to embold them in smoothly. Sherwood didnt help his cause though making idiotic decisions. For example Kozak was scoring goals in pre- season he completely froze him out. Dropping Amavi for Richardson more recently. Dire management

Although who are saying our squad is crap, aren't considering the squads of the teams around us. Its very easy to cherry pick players from other squads and say they would walk into our team, but the fact is that we need a manager to gel our team together and then we can assess how good they really are.

On the one hand people are slagging off Sherwood and saying that his management has affected the performances of the players, and on the other hand people are saying the squad isn't good enough anyway.

I think we are desperately lacking a centre forward based on what we have seen so far this season, but a new manager may be able to find a formula. e.g. Gestede and Ayew as pair which gets us goals. I think our squad is good enough for mid-table, and I refuse to believe it isn't good enough to finish 17th.

The squads ceiling is 15th. It is truly awful 

I reserve judgement until the new manager has had 6-10 games. By then we should know if have a decent team in this squad, and if we have a chance of staying up.

I would say this squad's ceiling is probably 10th, but realistically it could finish 15th-17th.

we've been the premier league whipping boys since the day john gregory left, everything from that day has started to fall apart and crumble. the purchase from randy was simply covering up a few cracks which have no appeared again.

we need an experienced manager, even if its just for 3 seasons, someone late 50s that seen it all and done it all, this young managers in todays game are useless, they're just cheque book managers.

Watch Spurs toss up majorly and increase our gap to safety. Not that I can see us bridging that gap ourselves. We just don't win games.

Edit: Thank you mr. Kane.

Edited by osmark86

That Bournemouth result is making me feel a bit more positive

i would definitely say bournemouth are down with losing the players they have through injury, but who joins them i dont know. personally i think we will still be in the bottom three by new year.

That Bournemouth result is making me feel a bit more positive

i would definitely say bournemouth are down with losing the players they have through injury, but who joins them i dont know. personally i think we will still be in the bottom three by new year.

I think based on our current predicament we would accept that if it meant we were within touching distance of the teams above us i.e. within 3 points.

Most people fear we won't just be in the bottom 3 come the New Year, but we may be 3 or more wins adrift of safety.

• Like 1

Â