Sum up the transfer window...

Dodgyknees

I'm going to offend a lot of people here but if you're happy with our transfer window (imagining it closed today) then I believe you are an easily distracted, deluded individual who has been beaten down so much over the years that you accept what is currently a pathetic window filled with hope and prospects rather than more guaranteed quality. At best this window has been one massive gamble.

We have more evenly distributed quality across the squad but consequentially now have no standout players.

We have replaced dozens of players either through choice or because we had to but have spent less than £1m despite this massive turnover. We've also managed to slash the wage bill again no doubt.

I'm fuming few others see this. Buying lots of players does not mean it's been a good window. Our defence is marginally improved, our midfield is unchanged, arguably a little worse at moment but with potential to be a little better and our strike force looks useless.

At best we have stood still, unfortunately most other teams have attempted to improve - we've just tried to put out the fires caused by such significant departures.

I don't even want much - one proven striker and I'll accept it's been an ok, even interesting window, with potential. If we spent another £20m then I'd call it the best window ever! But replace three star players and a handful of other players with a bunch of slightly more expensive gambles than usual then it's not a good window. 

How are fans happy that we've spent £0.5m of our 'own' money when we finished 17th, lost our best players and slashed the wage bill again?!

Football Manager has a lot to answer for!

This is a lot more than five words or phrases.

Sorry, hadn't realised the rules! I'll try again;

Bare minimum

Pathetic

A big con

Wage reducing

Enough to distract the masses from the truth

I'm with Jack Bauer. I usually was when I watched 24.

People think this is a game of football manager and if you sign a foreign player with a fancy name from the French league, he's going to be good.

We haven't signed enough proven quality to improve us.

We have stood still at best.

• Like 4

People think this is a game of football manager and if you sign a foreign player with a fancy name from the French league, he's going to be good.

Couldn't agree more.  

We needed proven players - the money we have spent we could have got these...

Villa have a new direction and motivation, this has been achieved through the new manager and him alone.

A*, we could've picked up a few other gems and perhaps not bought a couple of ours but all in all we are a different club, one which I thought I'd never see again.

Better window than I'd even hoped for.

To be honest I've found it exciting, we've signed a number of players with reputations for being genuinely talent prospects.We are still yet to see the best of them and that prospect alone has me excited.

That said, we still need to make further improvements to the backline and striker positions so, if we can deliver an experienced centre half and striker, then this will be an excellent window indeed.

Foreign player with a fancy name? Please, spare us the patronizing.What is proven quality? Does only the PL count? Gana was a highly accomplished and rated player before joining us. He is proven quality, albeit in a different league. Same goes for Veretout and Amavi (who was the (joint) highest rated player in all of Ligue 1 over an entire season according to whoscored, but I guess that's not proven enough). Micah Richards, a proven, title-winning PL defender. Sinclair, a proven PL winger. How much more proven do you want? The only real question marks/gambles are Jordan Ayew and perhaps Gestede (but even he had a remarkable goal-scoring record in the Championship). 

i'll give this window a B+ so far.  If we bring in the additional 1-2 players we still need...  easy A for me.

cleared alot of deadwood.  followed same 'young and hungry' mentality.  but clearly sought a much higher level of quality than our previous regime.  I'm excited to see this young team gell and play together.  I believe we will eventually settle in a mid-table.

Once we find another ST either via transfer or loan I'll bump us up to A- or A for this window.