Sum up the transfer window...

Dodgyknees

I'm going to offend a lot of people here but if you're happy with our transfer window (imagining it closed today) then I believe you are an easily distracted, deluded individual who has been beaten down so much over the years that you accept what is currently a pathetic window filled with hope and prospects rather than more guaranteed quality. At best this window has been one massive gamble.

We have more evenly distributed quality across the squad but consequentially now have no standout players.

We have replaced dozens of players either through choice or because we had to but have spent less than £1m despite this massive turnover. We've also managed to slash the wage bill again no doubt.

I'm fuming few others see this. Buying lots of players does not mean it's been a good window. Our defence is marginally improved, our midfield is unchanged, arguably a little worse at moment but with potential to be a little better and our strike force looks useless.

At best we have stood still, unfortunately most other teams have attempted to improve - we've just tried to put out the fires caused by such significant departures.

I don't even want much - one proven striker and I'll accept it's been an ok, even interesting window, with potential. If we spent another £20m then I'd call it the best window ever! But replace three star players and a handful of other players with a bunch of slightly more expensive gambles than usual then it's not a good window. 

How are fans happy that we've spent £0.5m of our 'own' money when we finished 17th, lost our best players and slashed the wage bill again?!

Football Manager has a lot to answer for!

• Like 3

I'm going to offend a lot of people here but if you're happy with our transfer window (imagining it closed today) then I believe you are an easily distracted, deluded individual who has been beaten down so much over the years that you accept what is currently a pathetic window filled with hope and prospects rather than more guaranteed quality. At best this window has been one massive gamble.

We have more evenly distributed quality across the squad but consequentially now have no standout players.

We have replaced dozens of players either through choice or because we had to but have spent less than £1m despite this massive turnover. We've also managed to slash the wage bill again no doubt.

I'm fuming few others see this. Buying lots of players does not mean it's been a good window. Our defence is marginally improved, our midfield is unchanged, arguably a little worse at moment but with potential to be a little better and our strike force looks useless.

At best we have stood still, unfortunately most other teams have attempted to improve - we've just tried to put out the fires caused by such significant departures.

I don't even want much - one proven striker and I'll accept it's been an ok, even interesting window, with potential. If we spent another £20m then I'd call it the best window ever! But replace three star players and a handful of other players with a bunch of slightly more expensive gambles than usual then it's not a good window. 

How are fans happy that we've spent £0.5m of our 'own' money when we finished 17th, lost our best players and slashed the wage bill again?!

Football Manager has a lot to answer for!

This is a lot more than five words or phrases.

Sum up the window ?

Benteke hasn't been replaced

We are still a CB short

A Lot of the players aren't ready yet

Not a great window IMO - We needed solid pro's, not young prospects. 

Edited by hippo

What did anybody expect whilst Randolph is still here?

For me the very small amount of money we've spent has been spent well.

However it was never going to be enough, and we'll never get enough until he has gone.

I know its early days .....but Ayew ? - no great scoring record anywhere  ....£7m was it, ?  

I would actually say the vast majority of the money hasn't been well spent at all