Patch 1.0.2 is live on PS4. Xbone not far behind apparently.  Patch notes:

Fixes

General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games

Glad they did something about Corvega Assembly plant, it was ridiculous on console. 

Edited by The_Rev
Youtube embed has got a mind of it's own. :\

Have they not 'fixed' the lone wanderer perk working with dogmeat? It's generally assumed it shouldn't work, so I was expecting it to be removed...nice that it hasn't though, I use dogmeat all the time.

Ugh, bugarama. I accidentally shot bobbi no-nose during a quest. I ran away to see if it would reset but the whole town set on me, I killed them all and hoped that was the end of it. But Bobbi keeps coming back to life when her health goes to zero, she won't die and she remains hostile. When I next go to diamond city she's there, trying to kill me and regenerating every 20 seconds.

Added to this my rifle now has unlimited ammo. I haven't saved for freaking ages, and my auto saves have over taken the period from after when I shot bobbi. Me only other saves are like 6 hours of game play ago. After reading online it appears Bobbi can be a companion in the future,hence why she won't die.

Any tips to stop her being hostile? I can't find anything remotely helpful anywhere else. I don't want to replay those 6 hours again that would be crap.

Been encountering weird but funny glitches more frequently. Last night I found my first alpha and legendary death claw in the glowing sea, and when I hit the alpha using the VATS system, he shot hundreds of feet into the air only to die when he landed. When I fought the legendary death claw, I managed to chop it's head off, but while it was dead, it still did the grab animation and one hit me. Then I had a scorpion attack me and it randomly just flew up into the air. I also was walking through a city when a car just suddenly flew up into the air and killed me. The car was stationary then seemingly homed in on me like a missile.  

I got a laser pistol which freezes the target when you get a critical strike with it.  Fought a boss with it a few minutes later, he died in about five seconds. :ph34r:

I hate to say it as I was really looking forward to this but I'm finding it a bit boring and samey. 

Maybe I hyped it up in my mind a bit too much i dont know but I'm used to Bethesda games and their quirks but I was expecting something a bit different. Cant put my finger on it. I'm just finding F4 a bit bland and a bit F3.5

I'm sure I'll go back to it at some point but I'm not into it like I was F3, I dont have the urge to play it all the time. Its not bad or anything by any stretch of the imagination, its just no different and maybe even a small step backwards from F3 & NV imo.

Right. I finished it.

Spoiler

I sided with the institute. Mainly because the railroad and the prwyden were so stupidly annoying to get into and out of. It was OK. I clocked 3 days of gameplay. And it's pretty much done, unless I want to go back and play the other quest lines, which I may well do. But not for a while. I was never grabbed by it with both hands. I was always sort of waiting for it to get started. To finish up with the really samey missions and get to something more interesting. It didn't have the charm of the republic of dave, or the tree in oasis, or the children's town, or the Vault where it was a bunch of clones, or the mission to get dad from Tranquility Lane or any of the imagination of Fallout 3. And I only found one other Vault. Vaults are my favourite part of the game. Yeah I'm sure there's loads i didn't find, but within the main quest lines, and in the stuff I've seen in 72 hours, it doesn't exist.

Oh a building.. Bet it's got raiders in it, or super mutants, or maybe ghouls. Yep. And that's it. Some very mildly interesting lore on the terminals, but that's it. On to the next building. When I read on here that there museum of witchcraft has something good in it I thought oh ok cool. Big deathclaw. Right. That's interesting. Yeah the backstory was ok. Bit Jurassic Park 2. I did really enjoy the glowing sea. That was a lot of fun. But again not enough of it. That cult, but you could only talk to two of them and they had nothing really of interest to say. On to the next place it is then....

Oh yeah and how are we going to kill off the other factions. Well we're just going to kill them all. Right. That's the best you could come up with. How about we use the big robot? Oh right like in Fallout 3. Just the exact same as Fallout 3. Yeah. People liked that. 

Yeah I'm disappointed. Searching through Kellogg's brain was a fun idea, but bit Max Payne.

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I hate to say it as I was really looking forward to this but I'm finding it a bit boring and samey. 

Maybe I hyped it up in my mind a bit too much i dont know but I'm used to Bethesda games and their quirks but I was expecting something a bit different. Cant put my finger on it. I'm just finding F4 a bit bland and a bit F3.5

I'm sure I'll go back to it at some point but I'm not into it like I was F3, I dont have the urge to play it all the time. Its not bad or anything by any stretch of the imagination, its just no different and maybe even a small step backwards from F3 & NV imo.

There are a lot of rubish 'quests' (Sanctuary residents are getting captured so often I'm wondering if they're in on some sort of extortion racket). If you're getting a lot of "Go there and shoot those people" missions advance the story a bit to unlock more side quests or just go exploring. There is some really great stuff out there but maybe, because of the size of the world, it's spread a bit thinner. 

On 12/9/2015 at 08:41, hogso said:

Have they not 'fixed' the lone wanderer perk working with dogmeat? It's generally assumed it shouldn't work, so I was expecting it to be removed...nice that it hasn't though, I use dogmeat all the time.

Would strongly recommend taking companions because they can have some great side quests

Edited by RunRickyRun

Yeah, it's fun.  I think the fact I've gone through so many Aubrey Maturin (aka "master and commander") books of late helped me appreciate it, the humour in those books is very similar to the insanity on the USS Constitution. :clap:

Yeah that one and the Silver Shroud we're brilliant little glimmers of care and quality in what has been a disappointingly bland set of XP grind quests. "Clear out area x, go back to same magically reset area to fetch a thing, go back there again to fetch a different thing for a different faction, go back to the same **** reset area AGAIN to kill raider with a name, clear out area Y..."

54 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Yeah that one and the Silver Shroud we're brilliant little glimmers of care and quality in what has been a disappointingly bland set of XP grind quests. "Clear out area x, go back to same magically reset area to fetch a thing, go back there again to fetch a different thing for a different faction, go back to the same **** reset area AGAIN to kill raider with a name, clear out area Y..."

Yep. I've picked up a masters in engineering as I've visited the Corvega assembly plant so many times. The best stuff is found by just exploring.

The vaults are a little underwhelming too. You learn of the premise and where things went wrong but there's not that detailed explanation of what happened as the experiments unraveled.

My favourite quest has to be the one based on a famous sci fi movie. I was totally suckered and didn't realise what exactly it was until the 2nd half of the quest.

Â