Fallout 4

Frobisher

Over 60k caps, 4 days solid of my play time has been dedicated to looting and selling shit though. I have enough fusion cores that I could wear my power armour to finish off the story without having to pick anymore cores up.

I think I'm locked into the minutemen ending, but I've been avoiding progressing the story anymore to prolong the experience.

Is it me or is this game bloody hard?

I'm level 13 and have just done the Dunwich Borers quest and it was hard work! Have I gone too far into the story without levelling up enough or is just my own fault for not sourcing better guns and more ammo at this stage?

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Is it me or is this game bloody hard?

I'm level 13 and have just done the Dunwich Borers quest and it was hard work! Have I gone too far into the story without levelling up enough or is just my own fault for not sourcing better guns and more ammo at this stage?

I found it way too easy, and I was on survival difficulty.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Any downside to not having played the first 3 of these? Can I jump straight in to number 4?

Getting tempted to stick it on the xmas list

Apart from a lack of familiarity with the VATS system, which won't take you long to get used to, I can't really see many downsides to jumping straight into 4.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

I find it moderately difficult , I've died a few times but not an awful lot. Without the challenge these sort of games get boring. I'm the previous iterations there comes a point where you have ample ammo, caps and weaponry to deal with anything at anytime and it gets boring. That's why I like the sneaky type build because if I get rushed I'm in big trouble and it's fun running away, hiding and trying to blow their heads off.

I don't like the power armour aspect that much. I don't want to have to keep going back to it to defeat certain boss type baddies. The fact it needs fuel is boring, there is enough to faff around with in this game. Although I have loads of cores because I rarely use it.

• Like 1

Yeah I've kind of knocked the power armour on the head, got about four of them sat doing nothing in sanctuary, if I'm not levelled up enough to defeat a boss I tend to drop back and sniper rifle them rather than going for the armour

Did find out a neat trick for hacking terminals earlier, if you see closed brackets ie ( ) [ ] { } you can highlight them and it will knock a dud word out, or reset your attempts, not quite sure which does which yet but it's great if you're struggling

I never use power armor. I have 5 of them sitting at my base which I just have basically to make my base look cool. I've essentially turned myself into a tank. On pure luck I found Kremvh's Tooth, so I have been able to basically kill anyone. I one hit super mutants. It's that good. Game is pretty enjoyable when you can just tank most enemies. 

This is perhaps a harsh criticism, but I do wish there was more music on the radio, because it is all so good. I love the ambience of the radio and always have done on fallout games, it's fantastic. It's a huge part of the game for me.

I listen to classical as much as diamond city, and love both.

There is a music mod that adds about 10 hours worth of songs to Diamond City Radio, Shame we have to wait for it on console :(

I felt forced into using power armour for the final story mission because I forgot I had a hazmat suit in a locker at Castle, 

Spoiler

Someone's HQ went big bada boom

Â