Fallout 4

Frobisher

I've put about 40+ hours into this now and I have to say, I think it's simply superb.

When I first starting playing, I was enjoying it in a very similar way to my enjoyment of New Vegas. It ticked off many of the things I loved about that game and I would have been quite content for it to continue in a similar vein.

However, I have to say that as the hours have gone past i've noticed more and more detail of story, character and little touches throughout the world that really do put this head and shoulders above most games out there. It's an incredible experience, and worthy of everyones attention.

• Like 2

I've seen quite a few people say that like Skyrim, you want to do at least a bit of the main story before you start doing all the side stuff.  I'm not sure they will lock some of the better abilities behind main quests (Fus Ro Dah!) but I'm glad I'm seeing a bit of the synth stuff explained. 

I'm so happy I stuck with it, I can't put the bloody thing down once I get settled. I still haven't built a huge amount at sanctuary but I'm starting to do a little bit here & there when I go back to do some crafting/dumping stuff.

i just did a "clear the ghouls" mission & found a the T-51 suit (minus the legs) but I'm working on the base suit first. One of those huge bots was waiting for me outside so I hit him with the mini nuke....beautiful 

Edited by mightysasquatch

A word on how the game runs - I've had a little bit of clipping, and the odd floating character, but given that this is a Bethesda game we're talking about, it's incredibly stable. 

Well, you'll have to scavenge no matter what you do, but as for whether you start out base-building, go off and explore and do side quests or make the main storyline your priority, it really doesn't matter. Play however feels natural to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PongRiddims said:

Right I caved in and got it, I've literally just left the vault, having not played Fallout before what's the best way to go about playing it, scavenge, search, hunt and kill?

It's a playground.  Go for a walk.  I've not taken it myself yet, but if I were a new player then I'd strongly suggest you take the VANS perk in the intellect tree, it's a 'navigation' aid and will help you out if you get lost.    If you go wandering don't be disturbed if you run into enemies who can kick your ass, it's normal. You can try to sneak past them (crouch, look at the "hidden" sign on the UI, how far apart the brackets shows how well hidden you are.)

• Like 1

Loving it.

Sod the power armour, I can't be bothered with the fusion cores.

I'm going with my usual sneak and snipe/blow their head off at close range build.

I'm having issues finding rad away though, rare as rocking horse. Half my HP are taken away by rads at the moment. Combat is getting tricky.

They're everywhere, I had to dump about 75 into a storage locker at a settlement to free up some room in my inventory.

2mm EC, now they are rare, I found about 5 in the wasteland any more I've got were from traders.

Edited by V01
grammar

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why are people getting so excited about the museum of witchcraft, did I miss something?

Hidden Content

Spoiler

It was the build up and the story behind why the Deathclaw was there that I liked.

Going into the building slowly and catching glimpses of bodies dropping and being dragged around was a nice touch. Then once the encounter was over, reading the notes about the egg and what had happened to the team was a great touch. 

• Like 1

Just provided me with one of my favourite video game moments - completely insignificant as far as the story goes anyway, I'd even just lasered the swan to bits. 

Was approaching Graygarden and suddenly heard a large whoosh overhead and a bang, didn't see anything as it was night but followed smoke in the distance. Won't spoil it for anyone but found my favourite gun from Fallout 3 as a result.

The fact it was night and I only had the ambient sounds to go off, plus this being a completely random event sums up the brilliance of Fallout for me. Exceptional.

• Like 2

The random encounters are great. Boston feels like a living breathing war-torn city with gunfire sounding in the distance nearly everywhere with flashes of explosions lighting the horizon. You really have to feel for the residents of Hangman's Alley!

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

I heard this is set in Boston. making you want to visit, is it?

Spoiler

They've even included a place where everybody knows your name

Edited by RunRickyRun
  • Like 1

Â