Europa League Final & Champions League Final

andykeenan

I think the equivalent from a defensive point of view would be to think of it as if there was shot clearly on target and it hit a defenders arm and took it wide.

But like Stefan says, regardless of what the rules say I personally don't think it should stand. It's wouldn't be a 'fair' goal in my eyes.

Yep.

The rules are a starting point and need to be adapted by the refs using common sense.

You seem to be confusing rules with guidelines.

Barcelona for all their amazing ability are still an intensely unlikeable football team. The play acting, cheating and unsportsmanlike behaviour from players like Suarez, Dani Alves, Neymar and Busquets is generally despicable, I struggle to find anything to like about them. 

Messi to be fair, isn't as bad as the majority of the team

• Like 1

Are religious messages like Neymar's "100% Jesus" headband allowed? I imagine the Barcelona marketing team selling the brand worldwide aren't delighted with it.

Edited by Genie

Did some digging after I heard Martin Tyler say that Barca have won 50 games this season. 

Villa have won 51 in all competitions in the last four years.  :mellow:

Did some digging after I heard Martin Tyler say that Barca have won 50 games this season. 

Villa have won 51 in all competitions in the last four years.  :mellow:

I bet Barca have scored more goals this season in total than we have in the last 4 seasons!

Messi to be fair, isn't as bad as the majority of the team

Yeah Messi's attitude is fine. Rarely dives, doesn't complain that much. You'd think for a team that wins every game, they'd be happy, it seems theyre more interested in getting opposition players sent off though.

I think the equivalent from a defensive point of view would be to think of it as if there was shot clearly on target and it hit a defenders arm and took it wide.

But like Stefan says, regardless of what the rules say I personally don't think it should stand. It's wouldn't be a 'fair' goal in my eyes.

Yep.

The rules are a starting point and need to be adapted by the refs using common sense.

You seem to be confusing rules with guidelines.

Erm,

Nope

Edited by StefanAVFC

Is there a more detestable club in football than Barcelona?

No, but I don't think Juventus got punished enough for the match-fixing they did so tonight I don't care.
And Barca will never get punished for it, shocking.

Presumably the paid-off referee dropped a proper bollock by disallowing Neymar's goal.

Tell us, if the match was fixed why would he disallow a goal that he could quite easily have allowed to stand?

No, but I don't think Juventus got punished enough for the match-fixing they did so tonight I don't care.

Presumably the paid-off referee dropped a proper bollock by disallowing Neymar's goal.

Tell us, if the match was fixed why would he disallow a goal that he could quite easily have allowed to stand?

You mean after another official had made it clear the goal was not to stand? Yeah, okay.

Not to mention, if the match was fixed, wouldn't Vidal have been off before half time?

I get that there are a lot of things not to like about Barca but come on...

You mean after another official had made it clear the goal was not to stand? Yeah, okay.

That's right. You do know that it's the referee's decision? Why would he have risked his massive bribe when he could easily have just given the goal?

And if UEFA are as desperate for Barcelona to win as you seem to suggest why wouldn't they just tell all the match officials that? Surely they're not going to risk the bloke standing behind the goal ruining everything. 

I don't think you've really thought this conspiracy through properly.

Not to mention, if the match was fixed, wouldn't Vidal have been off before half time?

Ah, but if you put your tin-foil hat on, sending Vidal off would have made it TOO obvious. 

It's actually further evidence that the match was fixed if you think about it hard enough.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

That's right. You do know that it's the referee's decision? Why would he have risked his massive bribe when he could easily have just given the goal?

And if UEFA are as desperate for Barcelona to win as you seem to suggest why wouldn't they just tell all the match officials that? Surely they're not going to risk the bloke standing behind the goal ruining everything. 

Eh?

I think Barcelona have benefit from referee decision in an untoward manner. Does this mean they made payments to UEFA? To individuals? to a team of referees? Who knows. Most people said the same when the Korea debacle happened, same when Inter fans cried foul, same with the anti-FIFA brigade. Just because you think something unpopular, doesn't mean you're wrong or there's no substance. I never said Barcelona paid off the entirety of UEFA and that UEFA as a result will tell every official in every game to give them every decision.

Who says I'm right? I could be way off, but I am absolutely entitled to my opinion. You can be ignorant towards my opinion all you like and give your snarky little replies, power to you.

I just can't say I am at all shocked that a someone who's held high positions in the Spanish federation, and involved in refereeing at both FIFA and UEFA level has recently been arrested as a result of corruption. But again, FIFA corruption is just another unfounded conspiracy by the Americans, I suppose.

Eh?

I think Barcelona have benefit from referee decision in an untoward manner. Does this mean they made payments to UEFA? To individuals? to a team of referees? Who knows. Most people said the same when the Korea debacle happened, same when Inter fans cried foul, same with the anti-FIFA brigade. Just because you think something unpopular, doesn't mean you're wrong or there's no substance. I never said Barcelona paid off the entirety of UEFA and that UEFA as a result will tell every official in every game to give them every decision.

Who says I'm right? I could be way off, but I am absolutely entitled to my opinion. You can be ignorant towards my opinion all you like and give your snarky little replies, power to you.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. Just as other people are entitled to think that you're being daft. 

You carry on feeling put upon though if you like. Maybe I'm just part of the conspiracy.

That's the problem, though, Kurt. Nothing about the ref's performance tonight suggests the match was in any way fixed or that he was in any way biased. Pogba could have had a penalty but then Vidal could have been sent off and he could have let Neymar's goal stand (though I think he was right not to). You're right to be sceptical of more or less anything that has to do with modern football but I think your insinuations about this particular game come across a trifle bitter.

Edited by Michelsen

That's the problem, though, Kurt. Nothing about the ref's performance tonight suggests the match was in any way fixed or that he was in any way biased. Pogba could have had a penalty but then Vidal could have been sent off and he could have let Neymar's goal stand (though I think he was right not to). You're right to be sceptical of more or less anything that has to do with modern football but I think your insinuations about this particular game comes across a trifle bitter.

I think it's quite normal to be skeptical of modern football, don't you think? I never used to have a problem with Barca until they routinely got decisions and favoured, I didn't wake up one day and pick a team to dislike. As I said before, I am not the least bit surprised one of them men arrested has had influence in both Spain and UEFA (with referees, no less). I am bitter as a result and certainly disillusioned with football as a whole these days, I think some great spectacles have been ruined.

I just think you've picked the wrong game to make insinuations about. Do you, taking every major decision the ref made into account, honestly think the game was in any way fixed?

I'm as sceptical about modern football as anyone. However, although I am a little biased, I tend to think Barca win games because they're bloody good at football.

Â