The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Xann said:

I sorta caught this on the BBC news and from the way it was cut you'd have thought the guy was against the army or something ;)
Love him or loathe him you've gotta love that there's someone up there asking the uncomfortable questions. At pmq's. Didn't he get the memo to not talk about Saudi Arabia, Nuclear weapons, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Palestine or what?

However I must say his most redeeming quality is that the Blairite horror show front benchers like Balls, Cooper and the ever slimey Mandelson obviously despise him. That can only be a good thing where I'm from.

Edited by VILLAMARV
hanoiVillan won the internet
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Against current threats, it's useless. Who knows what the world will look like in twenty years?

An incredible expense to throw away on the off-chance that war in the mid-21st century looks like war in the mid-20th century again. 

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I sorta caught this on the BBC news and from the way it was cut you'd have thought the guy was against the army or something ;)
Love him or loathe him you've gotta love that there's someone up there asking the uncomfortable questions. At pmq's. Didn't he get the memo to not talk about Saudi Arabia, Nuclear weapons, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Palestine or what?

However I must say his most redeeming quality is that the Blairite horror show front benchers like Balls, Cooper and the ever slimey Sadiq Khan obviously despise him. That can only be a good thing where I'm from.

First of all, Sadiq Khan is pretty reasonable for a modern British politician, I actually have quite a lot of time for him. Secondly, I don't know what you mean he 'obviously despises Corbyn', he's probably closer to Corbyn than 90% of the PLP. I honestly think you might have got him mixed up with somebody else. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

First of all, Sadiq Khan is pretty reasonable for a modern British politician, I actually have quite a lot of time for him. Secondly, I don't know what you mean he 'obviously despises Corbyn', he's probably closer to Corbyn than 90% of the PLP. I honestly think you might have got him mixed up with somebody else. 

Honestly wouldn't know about the first bit but do you know what you're right. I got the wrong guy completely. That's not the face I had in my mind when I wrote that. I'll try and edit appropriately. lemme see, slimey...... slimey........blairites......got it.

• Like 1

So John McDonnell signed a letter calling to disband MI5 and armed police, and commits the terrible mistake of absolutely denying it ever happened instead of claiming memory loss, and almost immediately the photographic evidence comes out showing he did. Oops.

The Tories must love that Corbyn is sticking with this clown.

Labour are peaking to early though , all this stuff will be forgotten about in a few weeks , just like that little baby boy from Syria that everyone was so upset about ..

lets hope there is still some dirt left to spill on Corbyn and his cronies come 2020 and Murdoch hasn't peaked too early

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Labour are peaking to early though , all this stuff will be forgotten about in a few weeks , just like that little baby boy from Syria that everyone was so upset about ..

lets hope there is still some dirt left to spill on Corbyn and his cronies come 2020 and Murdoch hasn't peaked too early

Oh I think they've further to fall yet.

The problem they've got is threefold really - firstly you've got a leader who basically none of the MPs bar a small handful wanted as leader.

second, you've got a load of MPs who spent forever going on about how people needed to get behind the (previous several) leaders now spending most of their time doing anything but that for Corbyn.

And then Corbyn who spent his life rebelling now telling others they shouldn't do what he did.

They should be making absolute hay at the moment with the utter mess the tories are making of things, but the numpties are too busy slagging each other off. It's a waste (again).

firstly you've got a leader who basically none of the MPs bar a small handful wanted as leader.

second, you've got a load of MPs who spent forever going on about how people needed to get behind the (previous several) leaders now spending most of their time doing anything but that for Corbyn.

There's no easy way to resolve this really, is there? More worryingly, they can't just get rid of Corbyn, because his election as leader has showed that the PLP do not represent most of the Labour membership, and Coryn and his followers can't just get rid of most of their MPs.

I guess the real question is would he, or any of his allies split from Labour and form their own party/join another, and how many people would follow them?

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

And then Corbyn who spent his life rebelling now telling others they shouldn't do what he did.

Except he's not actually saying that.  He seems happy for everyone to have disparate views.  I'm not sure I agree with that though.  I think he needs to crack the whip

The full list of 'demands' that our current shadow chancellor signed his name to earlier this year.

1. Stop and reverse the cuts. Make the rich pay to rebuild public services. Tax the rich! Expropriate the banks!

2. A decent income for everyone: attack inequality and precariousness. Tax the rich, curb high pay. Nationalise companies that axe jobs; create decent, secure jobs in the public sector. Wage rises that at least match inflation for all workers. Raise the National Minimum Wage to the Living Wage. Full, equal rights for part-time and agency workers; ban zero hours contracts. Stop the war on the poor, unemployed and disabled: decent benefits. Good pensions for all, public or private, at no older than 60.

3. Rebuild the NHS. A comprehensive public health service providing high quality care for all, not a logo above a marketplace of profit-making companies. End outsourcing, marketisation and PFI. A free, public social care system.

4. End privatisation and outsourcing. Expand public ownership, starting with the railways, Royal Mail, the energy companies and other utilities, under democratic and workers’ control.

5. Stop scapegoating migrants. Freedom of movement and equal rights for all. End deportations and detention.

6. Promote workers’ rights. Scrap the anti-union laws. Introduce strong rights to strike, picket and take solidarity action, and for union recognition and collective bargaining, in individual units and sectorally.

7. End the housing crisis. Build millions of council houses. Repopulate empty homes and estates; take over property left empty; tax second homes; end the sell-off of public land. Control rents.

8. Free education. A good local, comprehensive school for every child. Abolish “free schools”, academies, grammar schools, public funding for religious schools. Reverse cuts in FE. Scrap tuition fees, a living grant for every student. Reverse cuts to Sure Start, invest in early years education.

9. Strong action for equality. Crack down on police and state racism. Ensure and make real civil rights for LGBT, black, disabled people and women, and expanded social provision and redistribution to fight inequality. Universal, free public childcare and nursery provision so no parent is forced to choose between work and care. Ensure equal pay and a Living Wage for all. Free abortion on demand.

10. Slash military spending: scrap Trident. Aid for working-class and democratic movements around the world, not support for dictatorships and imperialism.

11. Drive down carbon emissions. Public investment in renewable energy and energy efficiency. Stop fracking. A public, integrated transport system with radically reduced fares. Workers’ plans for a just transition to a sustainable economy.

12. Expand democracy. A federal republic of Britain: abolish the monarchy and House of Lords. Votes at 16. Re-empower local government. Extend civil liberties and rights to organise and protest. Disband MI5 and special police squads, disarm the police. MPs should only be paid a worker’s wage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh I think they've further to fall yet.

Current poll in the indy puts jezzas personal leadership rating way ahead of daves. Best leadership rating of all 4 Westminster leaders. His is the only rating that didn't fall. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The full list of 'demands' that our current shadow chancellor signed his name to earlier this year.

Agree with all of that,  minus the MI5 bit

• Like 1

There's some good stuff in there, but some very worrying ones. I'm not a big fan of the government seizing empty property, to be honest. "Freedom of movement...for all" is a bit questionable. 

Not to mention everyone being able to draw a "good pension", at no later than 60 years old. With a constantly rising life expectancy, how the **** are we paying for that? I'd also suggest a mansion for everyone, free lobster on demand, and everyone should have a chauffeur, ever the chauffeurs.

Scrapping trident and taxing the rich more isn't going to pay for good pensions at 60, rebuilding the NHS, loads of renationalisation, free education and student living grants, and millions of council houses.

Edited by Davkaus

Â