The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

The UK is fairly right wing. We don't like to accept that - I'll probably get quoted to point out how wrong this opinion is - but there's still a lot of prejudices (petty and otherwise) and fundamentally an 'I'm alright Jack' foundation. Theres obviously some left flag markers - the NHS is predominantly loved, outright flagrant racism isn't outwardly shown, there's fairly widespread support for a benefit support system - but there's also still things like pernicious racism, there's still a widespread nationalism, there's no desire to tackle many of the issues that society faces.

This gets handwaved as loopy lefties focusing on minute things that don't matter, that don't sell to society. But this ignores that society ain't buying... But it will buy the stuff sold by the team that doesn't give a **** about any of that.

In darker moments I often think it would be easier to be right wing and not give a ****.

I agree that the UK is right wing.

The NHS is celebrated, but if it didn't exist and was proposed now I don't think it would be approved/voted in/ accepted by the population/whatever

We're lucky that it's been established for so long

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Honest question, is there any objection to the wearing of the poppy that I have missed or even deems it in appropriate or right wing? I’ve seen it appear to be criticised a few times in posts and always wondered, no angle just a question 

I don't think anyone has a problem with wearing the poppy. 

The problem is with the obligation to wear one, imo. And the attitude of some people towards those who don't wear one. To the extent that, as demonstrated above, people have to put a poppy on the **** Cookie Monster because they're afraid of people complaining about someone not wearing one.

There's also all the fake stories every year about people being offended by the poppy and being told not to display the poppy etc.

It renders the symbol itself almost meaningless.

4 hours ago, darrenm said:

I think it's just the nigh on fascism of being forced to wear one. People should be free to choose how they respect the dead, or even if they do or not. Being all "where's your **** poppy?!" about it is not how a free society should work.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Lest we don't forget! 💔

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Lest we don't forget! 💔

Sorry, not having it. Very tiny minority and not at all representative for every one of these knuckle dragging contradictions there are a million of these

poppy2.jpg

poppy1.jpg

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

There's nothing to not have.  I don't for one minute think the poppy has become a fascist symbol but it's certainly become a de facto nationalist one in some quarters.

In country where being patriotic is now almost a competition (like it is for our former colonial cousins) the poppy has been seized upon as a way to display that, often in crass ways and often as a token gesture that meanwhile ignores homeless veterans, Gurkhas and other foreign support, and our light-touch role in conflict elsewhere (but I shan't get into missile sales again here).

We're living through a time when "we won war" is more important than it was at any point since perhaps the 1950s. Huge VE Day street parties, Spitfires flying over the country to thank the NHS, Brexit...

I'm thankful to those who have served and sacrificed.  I'm disdainful of those who would misappropriate that to their own ends.

Thank the Lord for that, your post coupled with the first part of your username made me think the new third Reich was imminent 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I think they'd probably just call it the fourth Reich.

Does not fit in with the Nuremburg part of my post as well but sure as hell they wont take that into consideration when a plottin

Naughty man did bad thing.

Jeremy Corbyn has been pictured breaking the ‘rule of six’ at a dinner party with eight other people. The former Labour leader, 71, apologised after the picture of him, alongside his wife Laura Alvarez, 51, emerged from the bash. Under the current lockdown measures, Mr Corbyn and his friends all face £200 fines each

So, this is what the Islington dinner party set look like.

They look like they’ve put that Enya CD on repeat because the only other CD was that free Daily Mirror Christmas Party CD from 1998.

EjQORx4WkAAiCN_?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Was it uploaded by someone?

Point is that someone took it in the first place I guess, nowadays it's always likely to end up on the internet. Silly really, he's such a high profile character that something like this will obviously end up getting out somehow

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Â