The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

Point is that someone took it in the first place I guess, nowadays it's always likely to end up on the internet. Silly really, when he's such a high profile character that something like this will obviously end up getting out somehow

The reason I'm asking is because I'm cynical enough to wonder if somebody's phone is being hacked.

Did any Unions reduce funding to Labour under Corbyn?

Britain's largest trade union has decided to reduce its funding to the Labour Party.

Unite's executive council on Tuesday voted to cut its affiliation to Labour by 10%, or 50,000 affiliates. It is understood the move could reduce the union's funding to the party by just under £1m.

Unite will instead use the money to fund other organisations, although it stressed it would still remain Labour's largest trade union affiliate.

SKY

I would imagine apart from the lost million, Labour would be pleased that this is sending the right message. More distance from the plantpot

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

erm... can you name any current "Good Stuff" from the Conservatives?

He's not a Tory y'know, he said so himself. Just hates Corbyn/Starmer/Abbott/Red Buses etc

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I would imagine apart from the lost million, Labour would be pleased that this is sending the right message. More distance from the plantpot

True. I'm a member of Unite and detest the leadership of the Union. When Catweazle took over Labour, I stopped my political donations to the Union (they're an on-top thing from the basic fees), and was going to re-instate them now plantpot has gone, but this decision - taken without consulting the members is just Len McNumpty willy swinging. The man's an absolute plum.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm really not sure why you think I said he was a Conservative?

Not you, long running Dem denying that he's a Tory, whilst slagging off Labour at nearly every turn. Goes years back.

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

True. I'm a member of Unite and detest the leadership of the Union. When Catweazle took over Labour, I stopped my political donations to the Union (they're an on-top thing from the basic fees), and was going to re-instate them now plantpot has gone, but this decision - taken without consulting the members is just Len McNumpty willy swinging. The man's an absolute plum.

I am not a union member of any kind but I fail to see how Mcluskey views represent his union members. He  narrowly won his last election from a 12% turnout so his total vote is probably about 5% of all unite members so I can't see how he can act billy big balls all the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not a union member of any kind but I fail to see how Mcluskey views represent his union members. He  narrowly won his last election from a 12% turnout so his total vote is probably about 5% of all unite members so I can't see how he can act billy big balls all the time.

Well, if the members object, they should vote for somebody else.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well 55% of the members who could be bothered to vote, went for other candidates.

Have I got some bad news for you about first-past-the-post elections. That's arguably an even bigger mandate than our current government.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It just suggests that most union members are not that politically interested.

I don't disagree, but then, that's really their lookout isn't it.

Â